GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 482 Posts

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In Jason's words "The Truck Has Gone Under The Knife!"

To keep this thread cleaner, I will post all updates on my progress of rebuilding the dana 60 and getting parts in my "SFA Update thread". This thread will track my progress of the actual work on the truck, from start to end. I have a feeling this will be a VERY long thread.

I started to work on the actual truck for the SFA today. I removed the procomp trac bars, the bumper, the entire parkign brake assembly, the shocks, tailgate, CB crap, and all my bed utilities. Im doing this so my girlfriend (Kailyn) can start cleaning off the frame while Im out of town. Tomarow the bed will be comming off along with any other non-essential items to driving and we will start to clean the frame.

Parts removed....

·
I will NOT cowboy up!
1,948 Posts
damn, i didn't know your truck was blue! the only picture i've seen of it was your sig! :crazy:

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Good luck! I hope it turns out like you want it too. :head:

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
your making your chick work on your truck while you are out of town? :nono: :D

·
is awesome
2,263 Posts
slimm44 said:
damn, i didn't know your truck was blue! the only picture i've seen of it was your sig! :crazy:
i just said the same thing to myself

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Josh said:
Ya know Im VERY lucky, I didnt even ask, she volunteered. She worked with me yesterday also, removing parts while I installed u joints into my axle shafts. Once I get the bed off today she said she would start on cleaning the frame. Damn GM for putting that undercoating shit on!

·
W.F.O.
140 Posts
Looking forward to reading about the progress and seeing the end result. Heck of a job in it's own right.

·
Keepin' it real...
2,284 Posts
Josh said:
:word: Thats fucked up, dude. :nono:

Must be nice to have a woman like that, I'm jealous. :rocking:

·
Chevy Owner
1,363 Posts
Man, that truck is gonna be just bad ass when its done :worship:. Hope everything goes as planned for ya.

·
Proud Chevy Owner
859 Posts
Silverado said:
They should coat the frames in like Line-X, or some tough ass shit like that!
i think gm should linx the whole truck inside and out, now that would be sick :head:

1 - 20 of 482 Posts