1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And I'm now conviced that...

FramBoost = AEM Bruteforce

Here's why:
-- Intakes are the same exact size and shape.
-- Heat shield is the same.
-- Intake tube connection to the heat shield is identicle.
-- End cap on filter has same look and feel for engraved manufacturer branding.
-- Bottles of cleaner are same shape and size. Only difference is branding.
-- PDF's posted on AEM and FramBoost sites for HP and Torque have identicle numbers showing tested on same vehicle. Only difference is Fram put it on a more colorful chart.

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
wouldn't surprise me. whats the cost difference on the two?? (i have no idea...and don't care a whole ton, but i know others will care).

edit : if it looks like a duck...and sounds like a duck...then it is probably a duck...

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Street price I have no idea as I haven't priced them. On the sites, though AEM has an MSRP of $323.40 and Fram's MSRP is $239.99. I think you can get the AEM online elsewhere, maybe eBay, closer to the Fram price.

I started looking at all of this when I took mine off to clean it tonight. It looked fairly clean, but when I washed it in the solution, a fair amount of dirt came off. I do like these dry (no oil) filters.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
So what's the deal if they are the same? I can't see a point... :hmm: :think:

·
Resident Guinea Wop
14,542 Posts
The point is don't spend more money on one opposed to the other if they're identical. Good catch man!

Personally, Fuck Fram.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
At $100 cheaper for same thing, unless you can find AEM for that, then I think I'd opt for the Fram if I was spending cash on it. In my case, free was good for me. Don't really care whose sticker is on it.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Are you asking what's the point of me stating this, or what's the point of Fram selling the same thing?

Yes, you left out info on what the /rant was about. I haven't looked into either (like many people probably) so you need to post up prices/pictures of both to show what exactly your stating.

Since once is more expensive than the other, it's good to outline this all for everyone.

·
HUNTING
941 Posts
Yes, you left out info on what the /rant was about. I haven't looked into either (like many people probably) so you need to post up prices/pictures of both to show what exactly your stating.

Since once is more expensive than the other, it's good to outline this all for everyone.
w0rd. I didn't really understand what he was ranting about either.

·
Registered
144 Posts
you think that a regular homemade intake would work just as good? like have a fab shop make you an opan airbox and stuff?

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
you think that a regular homemade intake would work just as good? like have a fab shop make you an opan airbox and stuff?

Yeah, but used intakes are so cheap now and fit correctly...

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

First post stated all the reason I thought they were identicle. No rant. Just pointing out something I noticed. If someone wants to know more about one of them fine. They both have websites. And I posted what I knew about prices when asked. I wasn't trying to say one was better, go buy either over any intake that's on the market, or anything like that. Simply stating that I noticed these two are the same.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts