GMC Truck Forum banner
21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
2k1slvrdo said:
mine is my daily driver/pizza rig...

i don't know... some times people over do the whole custom thing. I think its better if someone takes time to plan out their truck and get what they want, not whats cool at the time. There are so many olderish rich guys that drop their trucks off and say "make it cool" to my paint guy. They drop 15 grand on it and do it pretty much every year. For every "rice" rocket there are guys like that. I can't stand them either... Goes along with "when are you gonna lift your truck, will?" :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed:

i would never do anything to my truck to follow a trend... or to win a trophy. This bitch is mine, and usually when i show, i don't even stick around to see who wins:read:
Man after my own hart.

·
GMFS Sr. Canadian Member
4,519 Posts
there is this kid i used to work with, who drove his grandmas car until his grandma gave him 3 grand and he used his saved up money plus that and bought a ford contour. he lives up the street from me. its the ugliest thing I have ever seen. he does the stupidest things to it. his mods seem to include:

Chrome wiper blades
back window decals
one of those liscense plate decorator things
and i thought he bought some nice rims, but no upon closer inspection, HUBCAPS. he bought new hubcaps for his factory wheels. :guns:

·
Rollin with Saget
1,595 Posts
blwclvl said:
I totally agree with everything that is being said. Its not custom until you hack it with a torch or a sawsall

well, then my truck can be considered "custom" since about an hour ago. used a sawzall to cut my frame for a bolt in notch that i should have gotten about 8 months ago.

but, it has been modified since i lowered it, then did the system, had an alarm in for just over a year, then finished my system with 2-12's, then... and then.... then..................

ok, sorry bout that

·
Rollin with Saget
1,595 Posts
nboylie said:
there is this kid i used to work with, who drove his grandmas car until his grandma gave him 3 grand and he used his saved up money plus that and bought a ford contour. he lives up the street from me. its the ugliest thing I have ever seen. he does the stupidest things to it. his mods seem to include:

Chrome wiper blades
back window decals
one of those liscense plate decorator things
and i thought he bought some nice rims, but no upon closer inspection, HUBCAPS. he bought new hubcaps for his factory wheels. :guns:

hey now, he's building a WalMart custom... let him be, ive considerd doin that to my 93 sentra. only paid 300 for it, y spend lots of money on it?

unfortunatley, they dont make those spinner hub caps in 13" :bawl:

·
Registered
334 Posts
they are never complete thats for sure. My list keeps growing....and growing....oh yeah and growing. While my wallet gets smaller... and smaller ... and smaller.

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
slamdfullsize said:
hey now, he's building a WalMart custom... let him be, ive considerd doin that to my 93 sentra. only paid 300 for it, y spend lots of money on it?

unfortunatley, they dont make those spinner hub caps in 13" :bawl:
Yeah they do, I saw them at autozone and almost bought my GF some for her civic as a joke.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
man, I've created a monster with this thread, these are the things that happen when truck owning men are bored at work =)

·
Registered
724 Posts
I think you should make the best of what ya got with what you can. If I didnt have the money to lift my truck to the sky and get the best shit available I would still be in these forums talkin with you guys, and hell yea I would be Pep Boyin' it up. Its all about you, and what makes you happy. If someones got a problem with what you like....F#CK EM.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Well IMO anything that is mass produced and bolt on is not custom. I just hate these trucks like superduties and Chevy HD's that strap on huge leaf springs or huge IFS kits throw on some 49s with 20s and have huge custom trucks stickers or JD's customs or some bullshit of that kind, while there IFS and Dana 50's are crying.

·
GMFS founding member
4,014 Posts
Eisenfaust said:
Well IMO anything that is mass produced and bolt on is not custom. I just hate these trucks like superduties and Chevy HD's that strap on huge leaf springs or huge IFS kits throw on some 49s with 20s and have huge custom trucks stickers or JD's customs or some bullshit of that kind, while there IFS and Dana 50's are crying.
true. innovation is a rarity anymore. it's not custom if they all look the same, but then how does one do something different? the conformity of the street queen crowd is laughable, i like seeing the occasional SFA conversion with beadlocks. a guy i know is running 35s on a dana 44 swap on his tundra and it'll out-articulate most show trucks.

today i saw custom "tatoos" in the latest summit racing catalog. for $24.99 each you can stick a stainless steel skull or iron cross on your sheetmetal and have a custom rig. i think the caption said "is there any part of your truck that's not customized? this is what you need!" or something to that effect. add that with your cab fairing and chrome bedrails and you're totally custom. sad.

bolting on altezzas does not make your truck custom. my 'cuz glassed a set of '59 caddy taillights onto his S10. the results are arguable but at least it's original.

i grew out of the whole customizing thing. about the only thing you'll catch me customizing is my stereo, where there's still a little room for innovation.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Eisenfaust said:
:head:

I talk to all these guys with lifted trucks and they all say yeah mines custom and I didn't want to be like everyone else... Then I look it at, and it looks like every other 4wd chevy in town, 6" suspension and 3" body lift or 9-10" suspension lift and 36-37" tires, same billet grille, same window tint flamers on the window, etc. It's like someone took a cooky cutter and just went around and built a bunch of lowered and lifted trucks! It's more rare to see a bone stock z71 now than it is to see the lifted ones...

·
GMFS founding member
4,014 Posts
willyswanter said:
:head:

I talk to all these guys with lifted trucks and they all say yeah mines custom and I didn't want to be like everyone else... Then I look it at, and it looks like every other 4wd chevy in town, 6" suspension and 3" body lift or 9-10" suspension lift and 36-37" tires, same billet grille, same window tint flamers on the window, etc. It's like someone took a cooky cutter and just went around and built a bunch of lowered and lifted trucks! It's more rare to see a bone stock z71 now than it is to see the lifted ones...
i can't tell what the hell your truck is by looking at your avatar, so i'd say it's custom.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
ok, just for sh*ts and giggles - since I started this thread, I want to know if you guys think my truck is "custom" - stull billet grill, color matched handles, 20" Boyd Timeless 6, McGaughys 2/4 with DT shocks, flowmasters, airraid intake, 7" monitor behind plexi where the radio used to be (really stealth), stereo system is custom, I know that much, it speaks for itself, a.r.e. tonneau - these are all modifications since Feb when I got the truck

·
Registered
255 Posts
me personally, i don't give a shit one way or the other if i'm custom by anyone's definition. hell, if i could have bought my truck off the show room floor just like it is right now, i would have. i don't give a damn about shows, meets, "the scene" or what ever else goes along with it. the vehicle i want to drive looks like this and that's all there is to it. you can call me or my truck what ever you want, just don't call it custom.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.