GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Sierra Owner
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, need a quick answer before i light into someone without probable cause.

I bought my 01 sierra last year, and it came without floormats. I've been rolling around on Walmart specials for 1.5 years now, and recently decided to take the plunge on some aftermarket OEM spec designed mats from stockinteriors.com.

Well when they came in today, I was left feeling a bit uneasy. Although the mats are of good quality, and appear to be shaped for the design of the floor, the mats themselves are smaller than the floor (not completely covering the floor).

I have never seen oem floormats before, so I don't have anything to compare to other than this picture

The mats i ordered look just like these, only not wide enough to fit the whole floor. Is this the way the oem's lay down as well? I don't want to jump the gun and complain to the site I bought them from without first confirming whether or not GM's are the exact same way.

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Sierra Owner
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok, snapped a pic of the passenger side with the new mat layed down.

Like i said earlier, i havent seen an oem floormat before, so I'm just trying to determine if this is the same size as one straight from the dealership. If so, ill have to live with it, considering oem fit is what i agreed upon.

·
Sierra Owner
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
that floormat is shaped like my state. :jester:
LOL. Yeah the shape of the mat itself seems to fit the lines of the floor, but i just assumed it would be wider. If you look at the top of the picture, theres at least a good inch and a half of exposure before the floor starts to rise.

·
Sierra Owner
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
For the catchalls go here

Thanks for the pictures. Yeah those catch all's look really good. I just wanted to know if i had a leg to stand of if i decided to dispute the size with stockinteriors. They have been very professional and helpful during the whole sale, so I wouldn't want to start an argument without a leg to stand on. If these are the same size as OEM, then i'll just call it a loss.

It's ultimately my fault. I've heard the horror stories about the oems not being so great, but i didn't realize they would provide such minimal coverage.

·
"God Damn Buick Regal"
1,555 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Mine don't move and I didn't install the anchors either. I did put the stock rubber mat on top. I like I can lift them out and dump all of the rocks and dirt out and then put them back in.

·
TROLL REVOLT of 2012
2,474 Posts
My oem rubber ones over lap into the center bump a bit. Its not like everyone that goes into your truck inspects the mats. :crazy:

i wanna get something like those but not as wide but in red, on top of black carpet.

·
Sierra Owner
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
My oem rubber ones over lap into the center bump a bit. Its not like everyone that goes into your truck inspects the mats. :crazy:
I understand what your saying, but I just want to make sure that I got what i paid for. The site promises oem spec fit, and thats what i expect.

I've never seen the oem floormats from an 01', so i wanted to make sure that what i received was in fact the same size as oem. It seems odd to me that GM would make floormats that don't completely cover the floor; however most owners have complained about the stock mats being pretty bad.

·
TROLL REVOLT of 2012
2,474 Posts
I understand what your saying, but I just want to make sure that I got what i paid for. The site promises oem spec fit, and thats what i expect.

I've never seen the oem floormats from an 01', so i wanted to make sure that what i received was in fact the same size as oem. It seems odd to me that GM would make floormats that don't completely cover the floor; however most owners have complained about the stock mats being pretty bad.
i know what you mean especially on rainy days.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.