GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm asking this cuz I value the opinions people have here. So with that....Which one of these two do you like better matched with 305 70 17 (33.9 by 12.3 actual) nitto terra or 295 70 17 (33.5 by 11.9 actual) trail grapps against my paint. I'm also gonna black out the chrome bumpers and replace the grill with a WT grill and lose the nerf bars. Originally I was gonna just pc my stockers but this seems more practical.

I like the old school look of the black design. I also planned on a fts 4" Now after reading much discussion on this kit and other 4" kits. I plan on just doing a 2.5" level and 1" block of some kind. Thanks again everyone Dan

images.gif

images-1.gif

IMAG0711.gif

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
C'Mon someone even if it is negative lol

·
2009 GMC Sierra ECSB Z71
4,791 Posts
Don't really care for the wheel design, but, if you're going to black out the rest of the bright trim, why would you run bright wheels?

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
jaymez..just talking out loud ya know...maybe someone had a better idea other than mine or could offer food for thought or say "ya nobody has done that yet it would look good" or "screw those rims pc your stockers". I wish I had more dough to spend on nicer rims. It was late at the fd I couldn't sleep so I started thinking about what direction I'm gonna go.

Chris fair enough.. how's come design..color..manufacturer?

·
2009 GMC Sierra ECSB Z71
4,791 Posts
jaymez..just talking out loud ya know...maybe someone had a better idea other than mine or could offer food for thought or say "ya nobody has done that yet it would look good" or "screw those rims pc your stockers". I wish I had more dough to spend on nicer rims. It was late at the fd I couldn't sleep so I started thinking about what direction I'm gonna go.

Chris fair enough.. how's come design..color..manufacturer?
Oh, I hear ya. Personally, if it were my truck, I would hold off until I could afford some nicer wheels. The black bumper and grill is going to hurt the appearance on your truck unless you decide to beef up the bumpers.

For my truck, I want a set of Moto Metal 960's or 961's in 20x9 with a bright finish. The rest of my chrome is going to be wrapped until I can afford to paint it.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh, I hear ya. Personally, if it were my truck, I would hold off until I could afford some nicer wheels. The black bumper and grill is going to hurt the appearance on your truck unless you decide to beef up the bumpers.

For my truck, I want a set of Moto Metal 960's or 961's in 20x9 with a bright finish. The rest of my chrome is going to be wrapped until I can afford to paint it.
Lol I don't even have the coin for wrapping the bumpers gonna use plastidip haha. Added benefit if the black out does hurt the appearance it rubs off then I put my chrome grill back on. But I'm really a subdued type of guy not really into flashy stuff.... well except for the HD I had.

Don't get me wrong I like the majority of rigs here to include the cali stuff. I just wouldn't do that to my truck. So I get what your saying. I like a meaty tire that's y I'm sticking with 17's or maybe 18's and not played out ;) Guess I'll keep looking at the bazillions of rims out there....sigh.

·
Registered
218 Posts
im not a huge fan of black rims so i would go bright with some nitto trail grapplers if you want a aggressive look..

why not get some classic 2 wheels?

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Farm...when I first started looking I went straight there cuz I love the old school look of those....unfortunately $180 a pc is more than I can spend. So these are the closest I've found without going to steels or paying a buttload. I like the contrast of black against the maroon.
This
tapatalk_1311639539172.gif

Or this
tapatalk_1306848575948.gif

vs this
Dam pic won't load tapatalk Arrrgh!

I plastidipped my bumper real quick just to get an idea think it will look good when my WT grill shows up. It's still wet and a lil rough but gets the point across.
IMAG0768.gif

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ugh.. undo plastidip
I know I know....looks like butt now with the Chrome. WT grill coming....I think I'll be ok with entire blacked out front ;)

·
FoTfive'dpokinoutdaside
2,295 Posts
18" stockers with a 285 :imo

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
18" stockers with a 285 :imo
Ya which style stockers? Then pc? Cuz I got 17 stockers :(....and for what guys are asking for 18's I'm right back to square one $$$$$$.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ah Ha! sleepy I thought I was alone thanks I was beginning to question my sanity lol.

Atom would you pc them if so....what color? Flat..satin..high gloss?

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Got a lead on some factory TBSS wheels for sweet $. I know I know... I said I didn't want 20's but if you knew the price. So I would need 6x5.5 to 6x5 adapters and between the offset & backspace of the wheel... I just don't know what thickness adapter to get so that the wheels work if at all. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Candy Corn Harvester...
6,656 Posts
get some stock 20s and 275/60 20's fairly cheap and not to expensive and leave your truck as is, don't ruin it

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Atom just noticed you live in my state park lol where abouts. I'm in Mercer a lot and my sis lives in EauClaire. I can't find cheap stock twenties! I can get the tbss wheels for 2 bills ;)

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Resurrection time lol well I took everyone's advice and held out saved some dough and bought these off of Andrew....

IMAG1392.gif

1 - 20 of 26 Posts