GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
not sure if this is the right place to post but...i was under my truck today and noticed that there was something weird about my torsion key bolts....the passenger one looks fine and is about an inch out BUT the drivers side is ALL the way in...i dont get it...my truck rides fine and sits normal with the rake and all....wtf is goin on?? help

·
EMBRACE WHAT'S LEFT
3,487 Posts
maybe one side was cranked due to chevy lean

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
but maxxed out only one one side? its still two inches lower in the front...ugh

·
The suspension changer
1,658 Posts
sounds like your bars are weak as hell. Time for some 3/4 ton bars.

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
greeeat...so my bars are toast then...ive read so much about this bars and keys and whatnot and im still so clueless....guess i need to go read more

·
boogity boogity
987 Posts
my truck has the same exact problem, damn thing is turing into a money pit. Thats the last thing i need is new t-bars.

·
Registered
402 Posts
It's normal. Most 99'-current Chevy trucks with torsion bars sit a bit lower on the driver's side for some reason and require more preload on the driver's side torsion bars. That's why your bolt on the driver's side is threaded in so much farther.

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok what u guys are sayin is makin sense....guess ill have to do some rough country bars and maybe ford keys down the road and level it out that way...thanks for the help guys...anyway i was under there again today checkin things out and i snapped a few pics with the phone...first is of the drivers side and the second is the passenger side....is the pass side where it should be normally?
0509071707.jpg

0509071714.jpg

·
The ShiZnit!
1,062 Posts
ok what u guys are sayin is makin sense....guess ill have to do some rough country bars and maybe ford keys down the road and level it out that way...thanks for the help guys...anyway i was under there again today checkin things out and i snapped a few pics with the phone...first is of the drivers side and the second is the passenger side....is the pass side where it should be normally?
0509071707.jpg

0509071714.jpg
that isnt bad at all.... ive seen 100's of trucks just like that.

·
FFR Fabrication
8,144 Posts
Does this look about the same?

HuntBallHorseTruck205.gif

My truck seems to ride just fine, either that or I'm used to it. I haven't had anyone complain about it...
I thought it was normal, but correct me if I'm wrong

·
HAPPY NEW YEAR
3,599 Posts
its just after your stock t-bars have x amount of miles on them, they wont hold the weight and eventually sag. Even if you crank them all the way up eventually after driving around theyll sag back down. Im having the same problem.

and Ford keys only allow you to crank even further than the normal keys.

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
all of our gm trucks with t-bars have never been the same on each side. i wouldnt worry about it unless ur truck in uneven. measure each side and see if there is a difference.

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
if i recall one side of the front was higher but i only measured it once and im not sure how level the ground was

·
Registered
4,680 Posts
Was it in a crash, my buddys factory torsion mounts are tweaked from a crash, so one would be all the way cranked and the other not, but when he put the new lift on it and the new torsion bar drop they were both the same.

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Was it in a crash, my buddys factory torsion mounts are tweaked from a crash, so one would be all the way cranked and the other not, but when he put the new lift on it and the new torsion bar drop they were both the same.
that was like the first thing that came to me but it looks all good under there as far as no crash indications and not really a reliable source but the carfax was clean but everyone else is saying its normal so i just gotta deal with it...for now

1 - 20 of 33 Posts