GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
TROLL REVOLT of 2012
2,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im 5/8 right now and when i look at it, it still isnt low enough but other people always tell me its too low.

If i do decide to bag my truck what will be a decent set up and how much would shops quote me?

If i bag my truck can i still do a 6.0 swap and put alot of HP into it; without running into problems since ill have airbags?

This is my daily driver, and im going to use it alot to go to college will bags be worth it?

Also im tired that everywhere i go motha fuckers always hittin the bags on me cause they think i have bags.... =\

·
Registered
481 Posts
ive had friends wit bagged dailys one lasted ok but he still had to work on things from time to time but another buddy had a bagged sierra that always fucked up. it was always bustin a line or some bullshit

·
Aftermath
657 Posts
dont listen to them... really if your trucks done right then you wont have a problem.. i daily my f150 been bagged for years.. and i did daily my silverado when i was together and never had a problem.. if the truck is done right its going to ride great and you will have no problems..

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Yeh I like how the majority that say dont bag a dd have never driven a bagged dd...bagged last 4 vehicles...dd last 3 easily combined over 70k miles in the last 5 years between the 3...there is some maintenance but well worth the ride imo...current vehicle I took on a 24 hour round trip 2 months after bagging and enjoyed every mile.

·
TROLL REVOLT of 2012
2,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was also wondering... I see some trucks that when theyre layed out the wheels camber... But some stay up straight, whats up with that.?

What problems and maintance do you guys go through?

Do you bust alot of balljoints? <<<<< i hate putting these mofo's in.

I also noticed ECSB's arent lower than RCSB's and CC's,(static) is there a differance when bagging an ecsb than the rest?

·
Professional Mini Trucker
453 Posts
Just do it! But always remember, "You get what you pay for"
Get a good 4-link, bags, air management, and installed by someone that knows what they are doing.

You do more maintainence to the engine, trans, etc than you'd have to on the airride.

There are prob 10 good shops in the Fresno area, you will be good to go.

·
TROLL REVOLT of 2012
2,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just do it! But always remember, "You get what you pay for"
Get a good 4-link, bags, air management, and installed by someone that knows what they are doing.

You do more maintainence to the engine, trans, etc than you'd have to on the airride.

There are prob 10 good shops in the Fresno area, you will be good to go.
Will i go through alot of tire wear? I was searching and alot people had this problem.

·
under construction
297 Posts
Mines been fine since I bagged it and I love it. Like said do it right the first time and you wont regret it. But:imo if I could do it over again I would be on a 4/6 static and would of put the bag money toward motor performance. But then again I'd probably be in trouble with alot of power under the hood haha

·
not low enough
8,703 Posts
low and slow... fuck the 6.0

why do u need to make it fast?
bag it and enjoy it..... if done right it could be a very good thing. alot better than static thats for sure.

·
TROLL REVOLT of 2012
2,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Is any of the lowering components reusable?

whats up with trucks that when theyre layed out the wheels camber... But some stay up straight? If i do bag it i want the wheels not to camber. will it be more costly?

·
Team White
2,532 Posts
truck has been bagged for about 11 months now and I daily it from school to work everyday. Not a problem with anything so far and when lay out there isnt much camber since I used tubular control arms and stock spindle (had to take out the McG spindles). Also, I got an alignment to make sure everything was good up front because I changed out the inner and out tie rods and no wear on the front tires either. Just make sure if you do bag your truck, do it right the first time.

·
TROLL REVOLT of 2012
2,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
truck has been bagged for about 11 months now and I daily it from school to work everyday. Not a problem with anything so far and when lay out there isnt much camber since I used tubular control arms and stock spindle (had to take out the McG spindles). Also, I got an alignment to make sure everything was good up front because I changed out the inner and out tie rods and no wear on the front tires either. Just make sure if you do bag your truck, do it right the first time.
Yeah price isnt going to be an issue, cause if i bag it i want the best on there i dont want anything falling apart.

i just got a good deal on some black 22's for 1100, im going to get them with credit, so i can get some credit going on, and mid fall i should be posting on here about my bags. :) I just want to get some info before i start going around asking shops. Maybe ill ask grant where he bagged his.

·
Aftermath
657 Posts
camber can be resolved by doing many things.. getting new arms, flipping arms, drop spindles.. bot of my trucks have stock arms the are flipped and a 3inch drop spindle.. the silverado got very little camber, the f150 gets alittle more. having alittle camber is good though..some think is bad but it is suppost to be good.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.