·
Registered
3,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what do you guys think ruin the look??? make it better??? :rocking:

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
personally I hate the way they look, but they are a decent AT tire.

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
Adam said:
I have them, and like how they look. They perform pretty well in the sand and dirt but I wouldn't buy them if you do a lot of mud. The only thing I don't like about these tires is that they tend to get a lot of little rocks stuck in the tread.
Pretty much any AT has the rock problem. Just the nature of close treaded design like that. My BFG ats had rocks in them more than they didnt.

On the other hand My swampers got a coke can stick between the lugs :crazy:

·
NCOR
8,451 Posts
I think the STS's dont look bad, I just dont think they are a very good do everything, true all terrain. Dont buy them if you play in the mud AT ALL Im sure you'd be dissapointed. BFG's I think are great, unfortunatly so does the rest of the world so everybody has them and for that reason I could understand someone buying STS's.

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i had some pictures i was gonna post but i can't figure out how to get them up! :think: gonna have to play with it i've never posted pictures before :idiot:

·
Keepin' it real...
2,284 Posts
I hear they're a good tire, but I just dont like the way they look. The tread pattern is funky looking.

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i'm linking from my computer. :angry: ... i like the sts looks on certain apps i just don't know about mine thats why i wanted to post pics of it...

·
Registered
296 Posts
if you e-mail me the pics ill post them up in about 2 hours when i get home from work if you need me to. Ill pm you my e-mail address.

·
GMFS Enforcer
3,568 Posts
On the other hand My swampers got a coke can stick between the lugs :crazy:[/QUOTE]

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Thats just funny.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
I saw them on a lifter thooperduty today, I still think they're ugly, and not real-offroadish if thats what you're going for. Can't say how they perform though, I don't own any, I have BFG's :D

And yes, BFG's throw lots and lots and lots of rocks....

·
Kyle
1,684 Posts
Well offroad they do fine for me, especially now that i'm regeared they go through anything, i really like the hum of them and they are smart for a college kid (highway miles)... but of course i'm getting tsl radials or pj's next so whatever floats your boat.

·
RIP Jason
4,089 Posts
i like mine quite a bit....they own in the sand which is really the only off roading i do so i would more than likely get them again

i've liked the way they looked since they first came out

·
Registered
296 Posts
Heres the pics I just got them tonight. I resized them becuause they were almost 1MB a piece. Nice truck btw.

·
Senior Military Member
5,197 Posts
dont put sts's on that truck. Now that ive seen it with TSL's, yes it will ruin the look :imo

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
yeah, that white truck is nice. are those the 36x14.50's on 16x10's??

if i ran those with mostly city/highway driving and a couple pismo trips, do you think i could get 25-30,000 miles out of those tsl radials?

is that 6 suspension/3 body?? how much is it cranked?

·
Registered
296 Posts
CowboyKyle said:
dont put sts's on that truck. Now that ive seen it with TSL's, yes it will ruin the look :imo

I agree with him, I like the sts's but TSL are so much nicer. If you can deal with the lower mileage and sound id say stick with them.

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
those tires are actually 38x15.5 and the lift i2 6" superlift 3" bl and it is cranked about half way... rides good and no rubbing... :head2: i'm gonna have to think about the tires... i just don't think it's the look i want with the sts's on that particular truck.... maybe baja claws??? :think: :bowtie: and yes you should get 25k-30k it depends on the size.. i got way more miles than that on my old 35's these have about 25k on than now and have eighth inch of tread left but ride like sheit... :whyme:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.