GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
HABS SUCK!!
1,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm kind of getting sick of the old grille overlay that I have, was thinking about taking it off and painting the factory grill blue, anybody done this? I wanna make sure it won't look like total hell.

old pic

trailersmash029.jpg

I don't like billet and I'm not looking to spend any money on this, my car is taking all of that.

·
Desert Rat
3,705 Posts
are you talking about painting the mesh/honeycomb part blue or the chrome part?

·
GMFS MoPar/Air Force Crew
5,457 Posts
I think painting the mesh black would look awesome.

·
Registered
7,870 Posts
leave it the stock black. then fix the crooked bumper. them paint the cap that birch color or whatever it is to carry the two tone around.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I don't like billet either, and just painted the honeycomb black. Ive been asked numerous times if its a custom grille.

·
Desert Rat
3,705 Posts
isnt the honeycomb black from factory, sure its not as nice as after painting and 04slox2 you need to redo the paint on the corner, i can see orange in the picture

·
HABS SUCK!!
1,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think painting the mesh black would look awesome.
I was thinking that as well
leave it the stock black. then fix the crooked bumper. them paint the cap that birch color or whatever it is to carry the two tone around.
I bent the bumper back somewhat, looks good enough, as far as colormatching the rest, I'd rather put the money into my car. I wish the truck was blue, 2 tone FTL. This color combo looks like ass colormatched.
I don't like billet either, and just painted the honeycomb black. Ive been asked numerous times if its a custom grille.
I like that too, I've had big dreams of copying that idea.:hmm:
isnt the honeycomb black from factory, sure its not as nice as after painting and 04slox2 you need to redo the paint on the corner, i can see orange in the picture
It's silverish I think and yeah the corners were done pretty crappy, I just wanted to do something different, it's not showpiece just a daily pos.

·
HABS SUCK!!
1,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I ended up painting it blue today, it looks good I think, kinda dark to be taking pics of it now though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts