GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been thinking of putting a leveling kit on my truck. Want to see what some people have and also what the impact is on fuel economy. I do plan on sticking to 265/70R17 tires if that makes a difference. Was thinking of a 1.5" torsion bar adjustment and throwing a 3" block out back.

·
Do It!
1,300 Posts
You can fit a SEARCH inch tire with a SEARCH inch kit with about SEARCH amount of trimming.

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
You can fit a SEARCH inch tire with a SEARCH inch kit with about SEARCH amount of trimming.
Damn what shitty advice you just gave this guy!!

But to the OP, you can fit 265's on there without a leveling kit. And a leveling kit is not going to affect you fuel economy. If you jump up to a bigger tire, then you fuel mileage will be affected.

·
broke,..me, not the truck
156 Posts
Weight of at and MT tires, causes most of the fuel economy penalty. Large lifts affect aero dynamics too, affecting economy. A level shouldn't hurt you much though.
I think the 2nd poster was trying to reference the large thread about nnbs trucks with level kits.

Search is all a friend to us all.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Looks to me like he's got an 07 classic. No thread for that body style

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It is an 2007 classic I might add and it came with 265/70r17 tires. I was just wondering what peoples results were with leveling kits while keeping the same tire size.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just find my ride height is somewhat low for a 4x4 Z71.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Now im thinking i might just crank the t bars for an 1.5 inch lift. That shouldnt be to bad and i might just throw in a slightly bigger block in the rear so that i can still haul loads. Any suggestions for shock spacers up front? Also will my turning radius be severly impacted?

·
Registered
218 Posts
Even cranking 1.5inches will make it ride rougher. She will bounce over bumps lol. U may like it. Not sire but you might need an alignment afterwards also. Definitely level it though. No fuel loss unless you get bigger tires

·
Registered
283 Posts
Now im thinking i might just crank the t bars for an 1.5 inch lift. That shouldnt be to bad and i might just throw in a slightly bigger block in the rear so that i can still haul loads. Any suggestions for shock spacers up front? Also will my turning radius be severly impacted?
No to bigger block in back, not sure why you think you'll need to haul loads?....:think:

1. you'll want new shocks for 0-2" lift or shock extensions
2. Get an alignment, anything over 1" alignment recommended
3. turning radius not affected

unless you get extensions or new shocks it will be pretty bouncy, if you get them the ride is still rougher, but to me it rides like a truck is supposed, not like they come. I would guess you will lose 1mph by bringing front end up on the highway. There is a reason why chevys sit the lowest from the factory and get the best gas mileage!

·
Registered
49 Posts
That is every Chevy...level it and it will look a ton better..actually- leveled and 1.5" body lift should be the height they came from the factory.
Thumbs down to the body lift portion if this statement. There is too much frame exposed at it is on most GM trucks...

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
k so i turned the bars up just over an inch. Truck looks a heck of a lot better :imo. Took it for adrive and the ride does not seem much different. Although i still have some washers on hand in case it does get worse or if i feel like lifting it any more.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Now whenever i turn in 4WD there seems to be a really bad moaning sound. Any idea as to what that might be? im now thinking of turning the bars down some.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Thumbs down to the body lift portion if this statement. There is too much frame exposed at it is on most GM trucks...
Meant it as not technically the way everyone likes to lift, more as to the total ride height of the cab from the ground is where is should have been from the factory. I know everyone has differing opinions when it comes to body, leveling, suspension etc..

1 - 18 of 18 Posts