GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
its silver and the interiors black i thought about doing a black and silver theme so im debating on whether to paint the front grille black and then black out the headlights and get a roll pan maybe with corvette lights and a new front bumper. My dillema is wat is the best and cheapest paint i should use for the front grille?:think:

it looks kinda like this but its all dark metallic silver

IMG_0959.jpg

·
Original Members
1,090 Posts
there are tons of different paints out there it just depends about how much you want to spend and what you want the finish to look like.

·
Original Members
1,090 Posts
i would prob gray scotchbrite it dry first then wet sand it with 800, then spray it with adhesion promoter and let sit about 20 min. if you want it to hold up well i would seal it and then go to it with your paint, if you want it real glossy i would use basecoat/clearcoat or for a cheaper route you can use single stage which will look just as good esp with it being just a grille. if i were you i would use the single stage, its cheaper, easier to spray, looks just as good on smaller areas, and you dont have to worry about running your clear by chance.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
is their a particular brand of basecoat and clear coat to get and where would be a good place to get it

·
Original Members
1,090 Posts
it all depends on how much you want to spend, just check in the phonebook under automotive paint supply or something like that. there are a million different brands of paint out there that all do pretty much the same thing, its just all in what you want to spend on it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts