GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me and my friend have been talking about putting on a show for a few months now and we decided before we plan everything out we should see who all could come. The show would either be in Greenville or Central City, Ky which is 40 min. south of Owensboro and about 2 hours north of Nashville. I know there will be alot of trucks and cars from the county, but we want some stuff we haven't seen. If we had it then it would be sometime in August on a Saturday and planned around big shows. It wouldn't be a gay ass top 50, but a top 3 in each catergory (68-72, 73-87, 88-98, 99-04 etc...) and specialty show. Judging would be fair and we'd have people that knew stuff about custom vehicles judging. There are lodgings and resturants (mostly fast food) in both cities.

·
eplingphoto.com
550 Posts
I know first hand how hectic it is.. my club puts on Pumpkin Run and you have to have tons of money up front for Location, Trophies.

Don't expect a big turnout the first couple of years, it's taken 5 years so far for my best friends show Heritage to get over 300 rides.

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
Yeah man, it is pretty crazy puttin on a show. Im about to put another one on in March. Me and one of my buddys put a show on last year, and that was the first time either of us had ever done anything like that at all. We put it on through the school, so we got to use the parking lot and everything. We went around to A TON of stores and shops around here and got all sorts of donations. Cokes were donated, and tons of prizes. We ended up havin like $1500 worth of stuff donated and ended up givin a charity close to $800. We had close to 50 cars and trucks enter, and the crazy part is that we put fliers out 2 weeks before the show. Everything was last minute because EVERYTHING had to be passed by the school board. For a first yr thing put on by a couple of kids, the show turned out great. I think everyone had a great time, and even tho I was workin my ass off sellin hot dogs and cokes, I enjoyed it. The biggest thing is to make sure you start early and give yourself plenty of time to get it together. Its a fun experience (which is why im doin it again this year) but its also a very hectic and stressful one, but its worth it all in the end.

·
Registered
46 Posts
i could probably make it down for your show , my truck should be half way decent by then , and if its 2 hours north of nashville , thats not to far of a drive for me , how far from lake cumberland is it ?

peace , ryan

·
Registered
291 Posts
If there is an O'reily's around with a nice sized parking lot go ask them if you can have the show there.
I know down here O'reily's always allows a show in there parking lot when asked.
If they don't have a big enough parking spot ask them if they will help sponsor the show.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
there is one, but it's like 30 min from here out in BFE with a small lot. Thanks for the comment tho

·
Registered
291 Posts
I know AutoZone may help as well.

Alot of Wal-Marts and Sam's Clubs, will allow you to host a show on the parking lot but only if you are hosting the show and all proceeds go towards a certain fundraiser.

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
Yeah, I'd guess if most places like wal mart would let u use some of thier lot since they always have TOOOOOOO much parkin that might be used once before christmas, as long as you aren't out to make money, and all the proceeds go to a charity. Just go around town looking for stores to sponsor your show. Auto parts stores, electronics stores, some food places...hell, even try trophy shops, because you will find trophys do get pretty expensive. Since you seem to have a badass lil truck, you should have no problem givin out fliers to people if you go out cruisin. Sometimes Sonics can help you out passin out fliers cuz I know thats the major cruise in spot around here. Once I think of more things, ill tell you.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts