GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Dbs>Bitches.
3,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planing on lifting my truck, With a 6 inch fabtech liftkit a 33 inch tires, It's a 2001 gmc sierra 1500 4x4 cc with a 6.0 vortech and 3.73 gears, Will I have to get new gears and also how much will my speedo be off??

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
is it a 1500HD or just a regular 1500? just curious. Your speedo should only be a few miles per hour off with 33s ....3.73 gears will be fine unless your going to a larger tire later on.

·
Typical Smart-Ass
1,147 Posts
Tires might look a little small. Speedo will be off a few mph so I would get a custom tune and they will fix that up for you. Gears arn't needed but they would be a good idea (especially on a 1500). With bigger tires you would definaly want to swap gears, probably to 4.56's

·
Dbs>Bitches.
3,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
To Highsierra, If it's a heavy duty it will have hd by the 1500 right, If so it's not, Also I do not plan to go any bigger on the tires, To Sky where can I take it to have the speedo recalibrated??

·
Typical Smart-Ass
1,147 Posts
To Highsierra, If it's a heavy duty it will have hd by the 1500 right, If so it's not, Also I do not plan to go any bigger on the tires, To Sky where can I take it to have the speedo recalibrated??
Do a search for tunes on this forum, there are many many threads. Any tuner will do it and a good custom tune will increase your horsepower as well. There are several names such as Nelsons, W4M (Wait4Me), Westers, etc. You can also look local and get a dyno tune but that will be expensive.

·
Dbs>Bitches.
3,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Alright thanks guys.

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
imo 33s will look small under a 6" lift. i would suggest getting 35s under a 6" lift but regardless, 33s and 3:73s with the 6.0 should be fine, if u get 35s tho u might want to goto 4:56s. your speedo should be off much, but i would suggest getting a programmer or a custom tune to fix it which will help compensate power wise for the larger tires.

·
Dbs>Bitches.
3,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Alright, Thanks.

·
Dbs>Bitches.
3,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Rather than starting a new thread I willpost this here, I was talking to a local shop about lift kits, I wante dto get a 6 inch fab tech, But now I have been reading bad things about the front trac widing 2 inchs, So can somone suggest a better liftkit, Also whats a good price installed, For a 6 inch lift??

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Rather than starting a new thread I willpost this here, I was talking to a local shop about lift kits, I wante dto get a 6 inch fab tech, But now I have been reading bad things about the front trac widing 2 inchs, So can somone suggest a better liftkit, Also whats a good price installed, For a 6 inch lift??
The fabtech is not a "bad" lift at all. If you buy any knuckle style lift like the fabtech, your trac width is going to be increased. Its not a big deal.

·
Dbs>Bitches.
3,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Alright thanks guys, Hey high what size lift you got a what brand??

·
Cartmans Critters
8,867 Posts
How old are you moon? Im telling you right now unless you dont want it that high for family reasons or something you are going to defintely want it bigger after you lift it. Go 35s with that 6" lift you wont regret it

·
Dbs>Bitches.
3,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
18,And I don't have any family plans right now, Only reason I was going with 33s was so I did not have to re gear, Also whats a good price installed with a 6 inch kit, And if I want to level my truck should I just crank the t-bar or get new keys??

·
Registered
604 Posts
Im pushing 315s in my CC 6.0 and i barely noticed a difference or mileage change.

·
Dbs>Bitches.
3,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I saw that I did not say that I have 20 inch rims, Will that matter?

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
i personally am not a big fan of fabtech, mostly becuase they come with pretty steep cv angles to begin with and increase the trac alot more than most knuckle kits, imo i would look into the procomp 6" fulldrop kit.

·
Cartmans Critters
8,867 Posts
i personally am not a big fan of fabtech, mostly becuase they come with pretty steep cv angles to begin with and increase the trac alot more than most knuckle kits, imo i would look into the procomp 6" fulldrop kit.
I dunno if the 2wd are different from the 4wd, but Im pretty damn happy with my fabtech

·
bitter southern gun owner
1,142 Posts
http://intercotire.com/site62.php

true mph change

and also like stated b4 you'll save miles on your truck when you go to sell it
just learn you truck
speed limit 70 i keep my speedo on 55

40 i keep mine on 25-30 just learn you truck and how fast you wanna go
also another idea is to run a gps so you'll know everything perfect

they also have several other calculators on there site

run some 35 a/t if your worry about gas
find a light tire thats the key

6 in susp and 33's would look pretty gay:imo but if you want it do it

just search around on sites and even ebay use truck sites and look at what 6susp 33's and 35's look like just go give you and idea

http://intercotire.com/site41.php

also some other calculators

1 - 20 of 30 Posts