GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if I'm just goin through something or what, but lately I've really been considering selling my truck this fall or possibly next spring. I did have alot more plans for it, but I really need to focus more on school more than my truck. I have no clue how much it'd be worth and I was wondering how people figure the worth of their show truck up since KBB doesn't have a air ride or shave job option to choose? I kinda wanna get out of the show truck scene and just get a pretty nice used car to drive everyday and do some minor things to it. Well enough rambling on I was just wondering how to figure up the worth of the truck. I have $25,493 counting what I paid for it used. And I would have $32,895 if I didn't do any of the work myself or got really good deals on just about everything. It has 61,000 miles on it. I don't know if I'm getting tired of having a nice ride that I have to worry about getting a scratch on, bending a rim, getting a chip in the paint constantly or if the show scene is just getting old to me...

·
MIA
1,157 Posts
Just drop $1000.00 on a Delta 88, and drive around screaming.

That way .. you can go to school, and not worry about the paint, or rims, and when the weekend comes and your buddies are jocking 15yr olds who look 25, you don't have to watch and be that guy who says ...

Man back in the day I had the baddest truck ever .. He is like the fat 45 yr old at the bar buying 21 yr olds beer, thinking "this is the one"

·
Member #670
1,860 Posts
yeah just save some money and buy a used car and drive that for a while, trust me if you sell the truck there will be times that you wish you had it man, just keep it and put in storage for a while or something...

·
It's Jerry's World
3,573 Posts
i think you should change your attitude, quit worrying about the "scene" and just finish building your truck, you can find a beater anywhere for like 500 bucks, just drive that if you dont wanna worry about it, or sell your truck and buy a fast car or something, ask 26k for it.

·
thats right
1,399 Posts
just leave your truck as is then. who cares about the show scene. get a cheap daily driver and dont put a bunch more money or time into your truck. focus on school and keep it to play with on the weekends

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I already have a daily driver. I don't mean I'm tired of the show scene like you guys took it I meant I'm just tired of shoving all this money into my truck, guess that's what I shoulda just said in the 1st place. And there is no way in hell I could quit working on it if I kept it hell 4 months after the truck got totally redone I took it back apart and started on it again because I just wasn't satisfied. As far as the scene goes I don't care weather I win or lose at a show or what anyone thinks of my truck, however it is nice to get compliments on it. I built it(with the help of the insurance company hehe) for one person to like and enjoy and that's me.

OrangeCrush: I like your quote lol

·
Registered
5,693 Posts
keep the truck bro. if you're tired of it right now, just park it for a while and concentrate on other things. then when you're ready to work on it, just pull it back out and get to work. sounds like you just need a break from it.

·
Needs a truck
454 Posts
DemoN said:
i think you should sell it. it seems the truck and "the scene" cause you an unusual amount of grief. if you aren't getting anymore enjoyment out of it...time to move on
word, plus if youre tired of dumping money into it, but you keep it you'll continue to dump money into it, cause you said you still have a lot of plans, jsut do what everyone esle said, park for a few weeks, and not drive it at all, if you feel the urge to drive it then keep it, if not then sell it and get some cash

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Keep the truck. :read: I hate not being able to drive my 87' yet and I miss my 69' El Camino too. After driving a beater for several months and not having a nice vehicle at home, I'm depressed. haha It gets old being "normal" on the road. :(

·
a.k.a. turbodan
3,220 Posts
lately i been feelin the same way. i just want to get rid of my damn truck. BUT i fall asleep at night just thinking about my turbo spoolin....and have good dreams about my truck. its the only reason i still got it.

hope you dont sell it. its a sweet truck, i cant wait to see it in person.

Dan

·
internet bigot®
4,016 Posts
fullthrottledan said:
lately i been feelin the same way. i just want to get rid of my damn truck. BUT i fall asleep at night just thinking about my turbo spoolin....and have good dreams about my truck. its the only reason i still got it.

hope you dont sell it. its a sweet truck, i cant wait to see it in person.

Dan
:word: i know i'm REALLY gonna like my truck when i get the radix installed... whenever the fuck thats gonna happen...

·
ExhaustSoundzSeniorMember
1,137 Posts
as far as price goes, id say, get the kbb for the truck stock, then figure up how much youve spent on aftermarket and custom stuff, half that number, add it on to the kbb and whalla, thats your asking price.

·
WorkinSmarterNotHarder
450 Posts
I wouldn't sell it either. You're gonna regret it and want it back. Just have it to cruise on the weekends cuz it seems like you go through a lot of drama because of your truck. Or maybe you should get a ricer :crazy:

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Or maybe you should get a ricer
I'd get an exhaust on one that went HHHOOONNNDDDAAA

I'm kinda changin my mind. And even though I don't really wanna I'm gonna put more money in it. Infact I'm fixin to leave to work on it right now.

·
thats right
1,399 Posts
dude, whats wrong with your truck now? if you dont want to put money into it, then dont put more money into it.

i dont what the heck you are WHINING about here?

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
you will never get what you put into it so keep it and just chill and take your mind off the "scene" for a while like everyone else said

i have days i wonder why the fuck i have dropped so much money on my truck then i think to myself what else would i have done with it? buy a house get married grow old and die? fuck that my truck is what keeps me going everyday... im going to be insane without it while its in the shop getting bagged next week

1 - 19 of 19 Posts