GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Aggie Track Team
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched about tunes before anyone starts b*****. My truck is a 4.8 and its got an intake and flowmaster exhaust. Im not looking for anything drastic, just more power and get rid of speed limiter. I know many people don't like w4m but for the price and what Im looking for I think its alright. I was wondering what things I should put on the list to get done. Im guessing that this can recalibrate my speedo for my tires too? Which octane? Thanks.

·
Aggie Track Team
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Saw someone else on another forum setting tune to this but wondering what it meant. Im telling yall I know nothing bout this stuff. Thanks in advance.
-60% torque management removed
-75% torque management removed with Tow/Haul
-abuse mode gone

·
Mayhem, Like Me
3,087 Posts
thats safe to include in your tune. Just dont expect Jesse to be able to get everything right the first time around. Its not only been my personal experiences... but others here as well. as long as you want to stay extermely mild with your mods and newver consider a cam then his tune should be fine for you... dont try to talk to him about your tune on the phone IMO... the last 3 times I have called him about tuning for my cam, he's gotten all pissy. he's a fukin know-it-all IMO... my PCM is at his place right now for the last time.

·
Aggie Track Team
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have read this Jesse is hard to get a hold of for information so Im hoping you guys will get me set up so I can just give him the specs and not have to ask him the stupid questions. Here's what I got so far. My truck is stock 4.8 w/intake/exhaust. hows this look? anything else to do?
-recalibrate for 285in. tires
-91 octane tune
-5800 rmp shifts
-60% torque management removed
-75% torque management removed with Tow/Haul
-abuse mode gone
-speed limiter gone

·
resident pyromaniac
7,498 Posts
ive heard good things about wheatly. i had a w4m pcm for a while. i didnt have a problem with it. i've got a nelson pcm waiting to go in now. sounds like you should be fine with either considering your current mods.

·
Registered
706 Posts
I have only had a w4me and it has done well with my 4.8 and bolt ons. I've had it changed twice and had good turn around times. Price is good, and great for what I'm doing at the current moment, but if things get changing around much I'll be looking for a custom/dyno tune.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Allen tuned mine a while back, works great. Charlie does good too.

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
you have pm!

·
Registered
75 Posts
What is wheatlys website? I've got a 2000 silverado and I plan on installed a set of lt headers this coming weekend. I mainly want a tune to delete the rear o2 sensors, remove the speed limiter, and to try to get a few extra hp out of my truck.

·
I CANT SPELL GET OVER IT
1,705 Posts
nelson tune has been the one tuner that keeps showing up on the top + you only pay once and he will re-tune for life, he also has made a new front mount turbo www.nelsonperformance.com

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
What is wheatlys website? I've got a 2000 silverado and I plan on installed a set of lt headers this coming weekend. I mainly want a tune to delete the rear o2 sensors, remove the speed limiter, and to try to get a few extra hp out of my truck.

Gowheatly.com I believe.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I have not had a W4M but I have a Nelson one. He did pretty well but it can still be played with. I would do a custom tune but there is no one near Central CA except for 5 hours away...

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
I have not had a W4M but I have a Nelson one. He did pretty well but it can still be played with. I would do a custom tune but there is no one near Central CA except for 5 hours away...
not quite! pm me if you want some more info!

·
GM FOREVER
724 Posts
I've got the W4ME in both my rides and love them. Especially for the price like has been said a million times. For the mods you have I say go for it!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts