GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OrangeCrush said:
WOW i will buy an ipod when that comes out, how much you think theyre gonna be gettin for that receiver?

if i understand it correctly, it will work with any 2004 headunit with changer controls. it's the white box in this pic that makes the ipod compatible.

9,778 Posts
Yea my good friend has his Ipod wired into his car so that he can have a direct feed to his system and it is badass. If i wasn't worried about getting my bodylift and such done I would have already bought an IPOD because it is pimp.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Sounds like it's only going to work on Alpine units "With a simple one-cable connection, iPod users will be able to operate key playback features from the Alpine receiver's buttons and have display of playlists, album, artist and songs on the head unit."

Still a good idea, until then I guess we have to stick with the AUX inputs.

Andrew

·
Plead The First
2,593 Posts
I like my aux inputs. I think they'll just charge an arm and a leg like everything else they sell. Probably more for the exsclusivity of the product. If anything, I'm gonna buy one of those docks and mold into my cup holders or something.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
OrangeCrush said:
Is it already possible to hook an ipod up to your head unit?

yeah with aux inputs, but i'm a gadget kinda guy. i want to be able to control it and scan through menus with my hu. i've always liked the idea of kenwoods music "keg" but didn't like the fact the it only worked in your vehicle. for me, this alpine/ipod team up is the way to go. :ninja: :D

·
It's Jerry's World
3,573 Posts
IC, with the AUX inputs you have to play it through the ipod, like if you were using a cd/tape converter on a tape player?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts