GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
GMFS MEMBER
893 Posts
Are you planning a convertor upgrade? 5.3 or 6.0? I would say neither of the above ^^^ if you are looking for more low-end torque

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
both of those would not be that great for bottom end, 212/218 for 4x4lfts is good...then match with a 2600-3000 stall

·
Cartmans Critters
8,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
both of those would not be that great for bottom end, 212/218 for 4x4lfts is good...then match with a 2600-3000 stall
Ill look into that one. Im going to make a few calls tomorrow.

Are you planning a convertor upgrade? 5.3 or 6.0? I would say neither of the above ^^^ if you are looking for more low-end torque
Im not planning a converter upgrade. If I have to do that Id rather just get L/Ts for now. I know that wont help me out on low end but atleast freeway speeds will be alil easier to get up to.

jon is cheap....and changes his mind a lot... jon also has gears so he should have decent low end
If I can get a install cheap on the cam Ill shell out the cash to get it done. Im not going to do it myself because wouldnt a shop who I pay to do it have some type of warranty on if something goes wrong? Id install a supercharger on my truck before I fuck with the internals on my own. If I had a cheap motor to fuck with for my 1st time it'd be different.

not with a 220/220 in a 5.3 with a stock converter.
Yea I dont want to replace the converter if Im doing a cam swap. Its one or the other for now

·
Registered
6,655 Posts

·
Cartmans Critters
8,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I thought a new converter only allowed you to stall higher. :think: How does it affect your power?
Still not sure either :lol:

Alot of guys with stalls are wanting quick speed right?

Im just wanting something to help out from 0-55 speed with 30-50% throttle

1 - 20 of 63 Posts