GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Save a tree eat a beaver
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do all trucks run the same outta the factory? I hear people saying that they have a factory monster or that some trucks, even though are the same year make and model, run different. Is this true? If you took two brand new trucks, put them on the line and raced would they be dead even everytime, or would some trucks come out of the factory different?

·
a.k.a. turbodan
3,220 Posts
to a point they all run the same, minus traction etc. some trucks are what they call factory freaks, but they arent that much faster.

·
My Dixie Wrecked
5,510 Posts
Guy here has a factory freak ECSB Z71 I assume. Completely stock with a flowmaster he gets 22 mpg MIN and outruns just about anything you put up against it...

makes me mad.

·
Mayhem, Like Me
3,087 Posts
my truck went .5 faster that a friend's with identical mods... we even traded trucks and ran again... we were still within .6... there is such a thing as a factory "freak" but its going to be a few tenths of seconds.... not anything more IMO...

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
word, "factory freaks" arent that cool as they used to be, there's no real advantage to one nowadays. back in the 60's and early 70's if you had a factory freak, chances are it'd be a mixup with the factory and you'd get a 427 COPO nova, instead of an I-6 ;)

·
Registered
6,654 Posts
GM has a lottery and every 1000 trucks they randomly put in an ls2

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
I've owned a few ringers.

·
I CANT SPELL GET OVER IT
1,705 Posts

·
Mayhem, Like Me
3,087 Posts
I'd roll the dice on that one myself LOL...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts