GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, I don't actually have my truck yet but i plan on getting it very soon. It is going to be a 2002 or newer Chevy/GMC RCSB with either a 4.8 or 5.3. Here is what i plan on doing.
Volant Intake
Custom Exhaust 3" in 3" out Magnaflow
Transgo Shift Kit & Servos
3.90 gears
and of course a Nelson Tune

Does this sound like a good start?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Back to the top.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Stoney -

I'd try to get the 5.3 as it has a lot more torque.

Aside from that sounds like a good place to start. TransGo and servos will keep the tranny together. I'd add a fat B&M tranny cooler too, I think the ones I have are 70264.

The sound on the Magnaflow will be determined by the size of the case. Big case = quiet sound, small case = louder sound.

That intake is a nice setup, I'd consider a ported TB too. This guy named "Shaner" does them nicely. They are around $140. A search on Yahoo! or Google will find his site.

With those gears I'd get an Eaton LSD too. Stock G80s don't like loads of power and they begin to unlock after so many MPH.

Hope that helps...
Eric :D

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hit Man X thanks for all the info. And Stoney is my real name if anyone was wondering.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Sure! lol That should give ya some ideas where to start.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Get an OBS with a treeeeeefiddy. . . lol, I like my OBS way to much though. . . Sounds like a good start though, but dont count your eggs before they hatch. . .lata, just my 2 cents :D

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sounds like you have a badass rig there xtreme93fullsize. 383's kick ass. :worship:

·
Registered
378 Posts
man you are on the right track. but you better go ahead and save some more money. you will be wanting to do more as you see your times getting facter and faster. :head:

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
02denali said:
man you are on the right track. but you better go ahead and save some more money. you will be wanting to do more as you see your times getting facter and faster. :head:
I know man. I've already added some more parts to my list. I'm looking at getting some longtubes, e-fans, and a shaner TB. By the way 02denali i thought you had a Volant intake. In your sig it says ProCold.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts