GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can you guess what happend? :nono:
876yiuh.gif

87tgvm.gif

some bastard f'ed up the threads on my stud and when i was trying to get my lug nut off i couldn't get it with my impact so i got a breaker bar and pipe and well its off, but broken
hopefully it won't hurt to drive it with one gone for now

·
Registered
8,114 Posts
does suck... but its an easy fix... and cheap. wheel studs are like maybe $2. just take off the rotor... the go in/out from the backside.
i need to replace one on mine but just been putting it off. :D

·
I CANT SPELL GET OVER IT
1,705 Posts
:lol: i did that all the time when i was pushing tires back when i was in High School

·
Chevrolet Owner
364 Posts
Like Anthony said... Simple fix

·
Weird Turns Pro.
6,252 Posts
does suck... but its an easy fix... and cheap. wheel studs are like maybe $2. just take off the rotor... the go in/out from the backside.
i need to replace one on mine but just been putting it off. :D
:word: they dont let you race at the dragstrip if your missing a lug, so i guess I can never try to break into the 18s until i get off my ass :anitoof:

·
GMFS Sr. Canadian Member
4,519 Posts
i snapped one off of my friends grandma. he had a flat, and couldnt get the one lug off. i gave it the full bear power and snapped that shit off. LAWL

·
professional smartass
5,589 Posts
actually ive never snapped one had a garage stip all my studs on my pontiac and almost get me killed got stopped right before the wheel fell off

but yeah as long as 4 are on there your good as long as your not hauling anything

·
Resident Guinea ***
14,535 Posts

·
Weird Turns Pro.
6,252 Posts
LAWL indeed :roflmao:

MUAAAHHHHHHHHHHtink

:jester:
:LOL:

my friend picked up a shitbox honda civic hatchback a few months ago. on the way home he got a flat and me and my other friend were following him. stopped at a gas station and asked to use a socket and a breaker bar since the car didnt have a jack kit or anything. I went to take a lug off... tink. well fuck. tried another on the same wheel... tink. oh shit. now theres only half the lugs on one of the wheels on this civic (4 lug car) :anitoof:

we made him with there for a tow truck while we went home (because we dont like him very much and hes not that close of a friend

·
Fluffy and Armed
636 Posts
My old military jeeps have the passenger side threads reversed. They thought it would help keep em tight or something. Anyways I didn't know that and broke all five off on one hub. :pow:

Like everyone else said, it's a really easy fix. Just knock the old one out, put the new one in, and start tightening it until it seats.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts