GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Hillbilly
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a set of Amps used of CL I have them all mounted up and wired except for one key part. Where are you drawing your ground from to make the come down when the door opens. I cant find a wiring diagram online anywhere for these steps. Im putting them on a 08 silverado ex cab.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
.... go download the instructions from AMP site. It tells you where to find the wires under the dash or if not there, in the door. I had to take the door panels off my 2010 Sierra but some models have the wire available under the dash. Follow the instructions and its easy.

http://www.amp-research.com/products/truckaccessories/powerstep/powerstep-applications/

Choose this one: Chevy Silverado/GMC Sierra Crew Cab (Excludes 2011 with Diesel engine) 2007-2011

Number 75126-01A

Inside those instructions you will find instructions for:
Chevrolet Silverado / GMC Sierra - Ext. Cab 2007 - up 75123-01A
Chevrolet Silverado / GMC Sierra - Crew Cab 2007 - up 75126-01A
Chevrolet Silverado / GMC Sierra - Hybrid 2009 - up 75126-01A

Obviously you are the first one but instructions apply for all 3. Go down to page 7 (skip necessary steps cause you are extended cab, and continue with wiring information on page 8)

Would you like me to read it to you :D

·
Hillbilly
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the amp site wouldn't pull up on my computer kept saying it was unavailable. ill save this link on my phone thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts