GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did you prime or paint your spindles? I didn't do anything to mine and now they got surface rust all over them i figured they were fine but guess not.

·
Resident Metal Head
5,528 Posts
I didn't. Figured it would be the same as stock spindles. From the factory they don't come treated.
So basically if you sneeze they will be covered in surface rust.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Yes, i sprayed like 2 coats of caliper paint on them. they are starting to get alittle surface rust after about 1 yr BUT you cannot see the spindel behind the 15" rotor,lol.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I did not do anything to my spindles when I installed them on my NNBS. I have lowered 4 trucks in my lifetime and have never did anything to any of the components and never had a problem.

·
Under Construction
8,417 Posts
make sure if you do you soak them in brake cleaner to get rid of the oils on it, and only paint the rough surface and put anti cease on the hub plate.

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Damn i would never buy those lol. so whats the best thing to spray these with? Any normal paint or what?

·
Under Construction
8,417 Posts
The better paint the better they last or you could powder coat them. And stock spindles will rust just the same as these

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thats weird maybe the stock spindles are treated? Cause mine had no rust when i removed them and they still appear to be a metal like finish no paint lol. Well ill go pick up a can of rustoleum to shoot them with. Thanks guys wish i would known this before install.

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Cool thanks nick.

also someone should pickup those spindles from eBay cheap and sand blast and powder coat them.

·
3,161 Posts
I could care less, mine were bare and now they are rust. Rust won't hurt them if your worried about that. I would powdercoat them. Powdercoating is cheap and they take care of all the prep etc. Probably be $40 for both. I'm going to get mine done soon once I get my shocks on.

·
Registered
887 Posts
before i sold my old lift ones i just scuffed them up then painted them. no biggie. id buy rusting ones. painted ones are sketchy i always think there cracked or something tho ha.

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
If i knew anywhere local i would get them powder coated. the only thing i hate is they are already installed now i gotta tear it all apart again lol.

·
TROLL REVOLT of 2012
2,477 Posts
mine had a tiny tad bit on them but they were new, i guess just from sitting there or something.

·
Fender Measurements?
21,153 Posts
I could care less, mine were bare and now they are rust. Rust won't hurt them if your worried about that. I would powdercoat them. Powdercoating is cheap and they take care of all the prep etc. Probably be $40 for both. I'm going to get mine done soon once I get my shocks on.
the Kings still arent on? :(

1 - 20 of 29 Posts