GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my SYLVANIA Xenarc HIDs the other day from suvlights.com and there not really what I was thinking. I was expecting them to be a lot brighter and they dont light up like others who have them. Also the box i got them in doesnt seem like the right box. Says nothing about "SYLVANIA Xenarc" which I find a little wierd. I did the bulb mod by removing the black paint on them but there still not as bright as my other HIDs. They say on the box XeSighting Systems. So are the same as what you guys have recieved?

Here is a picture of what the box looks like that they came in...

Heres what I recieved

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
I can't see a company like Sylvania selling their product and not putting their name on it somewhere ... they'd be losing tons of advertising.

·
Registered
397 Posts
02Silverado said:
I got my SYLVANIA Xenarc HIDs the other day from suvlights.com and there not really what I was thinking. I was expecting them to be a lot brighter and they dont light up like others who have them. Also the box i got them in doesnt seem like the right box. Says nothing about "SYLVANIA Xenarc" which I find a little wierd. I did the bulb mod by removing the black paint on them but there still not as bright as my other HIDs. They say on the box XeSighting Systems. So are the same as what you guys have recieved?

Here is a picture of what the box looks like that they came in...

Heres what I recieved
I believe xesighting systems is sylvania. http://www.valeosylvania.com

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
That's so funny I was gonna post and say "think Sylvania (being such a huge company) probably sold or merged their automotive technology to another company.. Valeo"

But I was like "I probably shouldn't say anything cause I dunno..." but that press article gives explaination!

·
Registered
397 Posts
yoskater said:
That's so funny I was gonna post and say "think Sylvania (being such a huge company) probably sold or merged their automotive technology to another company.. Valeo"

But I was like "I probably shouldn't say anything cause I dunno..." but that press article gives explaination!
Suuuuuuuuuuure you were :LOL:

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
i actually have the xesighting kit... one of my friends has the Xenarc kit, you can't tell the difference between except for the fact that the Xenarcs have a lil logo on the side. THey light, and do everything the same :read:

·
Just Cruz'n
133 Posts
I have the same kit that you got 02Silverado. I think it was a big improvement because this is my first time using HID's. I got mine from JP Customs. Also I haven't removed the black paint off the bulbs because I don't want to screw anything up.

·
Wheel On'
1,414 Posts
Hey V6 my friend said he say a truck with a with a certain sticker across the back of a window and it was you. Dont know where he saw you just thought that I would say that you were seen.

·
Just Cruz'n
133 Posts
Yeah I was probably going or leaving from Delta because when I don't have class I am usually at home sleeping due to working the night shift. You can't miss my sticker because it is 60 inches long across my back window.

·
Banned
164 Posts
02Silverado: Why did you buy the Xenarc kit? Why don't you just buy some ballasts and D2S bulbs and put them in your stock headlamps? :anitoof:

·
Registered
6,249 Posts
Well glad ya got it figured out and its made by sylvania and he didnt give ya the wrong shit........he prob bought em for the housings :anitoof: :bowtie:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts