GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, now that I have all the sensors inplace all the harnesses, and the cluster , the "digital" ac is now working ...for those that said it would cost a fortune , I really think it did not!! and yes, I did it on a plain Jane W/T... I will give you a basic break down on what I spent, "not including me doing the work''....the complete wiring harness from Mccarthy's salvage yard in Georgia, 250.00 shipped to my door. a digital cluster out of a escalade 55.00. sunload/light sensor on top of the dash..about 14.00. A/C blower control module "from the dealer" I paid 94.00... and the temp sensor in headliner 30.00 more or less...total, not even 500.00....yeah, if you get the complete harness from the dealer with the 2 junction boxes then yes, you will spent 1000.00 on that alone....but as you can see, it could be done for way less...and I "DID NOT HACK OR CUT ANYTHING"....all stock parts...I dont claim to be a genius or anything ..just the will to get it done and not spend a fortune....and by the way , I guess im lucky the bcm did not have to get flashed for it to work! thanks to all that had positive input in my venture...Rob

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
PLEASE MAKE A HOW TO!!! I have been wanting to do this sooo badly.

·
GMFS =/= Real Life!
4,396 Posts
good job, bro.

dedication pays off.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I want to thank one more time "Timmy" for hooking me up with Matt , at Mccarthy's auto salvage...And I want to say that I did not take any pictures due to the fact that I just wanted to get it done...I believe other people have posted pictures on this subject. and Timmy did an awesome job on his write up when he did his..I have been as honest as possible, and my main objective was not only to get this done, but to prove to everyone that it can be done for less than 500.00...not thousands like most people say...I also want to mention, that my main objective for the whole wiring harness was not for the digital a/c, but rather for adding power windows and locks and to get my electric mirrors with led turn siganls working without cutting any harnesses, and be able to have them work with the factory electric window switches and locks....but I ran into the problem that when I installed the harness one of the a/c plugs would not fit my manual a/c cluster because apparently the harness came from a truck with power everything including digi a/c..thats the only main reason I went with the digital a/c..soo, I ended spending an additional 250.00 on the the extra sensors and the digi cluster..being a grand total of 625.00 for all the harnesses and sensors including the new ones I purchased from the dealer that go into each door for the power windows, locks and mirrors...I think it was worth every penny in my opinion...So, guys yes....IT CAN BE DONE... at a reasonable price!!!!:biggun:

·
Registered
202 Posts
ok you did the digital interface but you do not have the auto air feature I assume?
I was led to believe the auto air uses different actuators but I could be wrong.
anyone chime in on this?

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Can some one please do a write up. I dont even care if it has pics or not. I really want to do this mod.

·
Resident Guinea ***
14,535 Posts
You're very lucky your BCM didn't have to be flashed. My only hypothesis is that since you have a work truck with zero options, your BCM is "stupid"

Every piece of GM service documentation I have indicates that this is physically impossible without multiple controllers and the body control module being connected to a TechII and forced a relearn.

I'm trying not to call bullshit, but I'd like to see a video of this working and a write up.

I also don't want other guys to read this and get a sense of false hope.

·
professional smartass
5,600 Posts
yeah do a write up and some videos if it works this good and is this easy im doing mine i want the auto feature

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Guys, Im a 48 yr old Man! im not a kid!! if it didnt work, Im man enough to say it didnt; but it does, I dont feel I need to prove anything to anyone..my ac works the defroster works the different settings work, my heat works..what else do you want??? it is not that difficult...it "CAN" be done...I really dont care what everyone else has done..I used the great info in this site and all I can say is thank you to those that shared positive experiences..what I see has happened here is that someone has said it cant be done and then people just run with that...Not true ...I have mine working and working the correct way without cutting or hacking anything...I encourage others to try it...peace out...:shake:

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
I apologize if i sounded like an ass but I am really excited to see someone do this and I just wanted to see some pics of the finished product.

·
professional smartass
5,600 Posts
Guys, Im a 48 yr old Man! im not a kid!! if it didnt work, Im man enough to say it didnt; but it does, I dont feel I need to prove anything to anyone..my ac works the defroster works the different settings work, my heat works..what else do you want??? it is not that difficult...it "CAN" be done...I really dont care what everyone else has done..I used the great info in this site and all I can say is thank you to those that shared positive experiences..what I see has happened here is that someone has said it cant be done and then people just run with that...Not true ...I have mine working and working the correct way without cutting or hacking anything...I encourage others to try it...peace out...:shake:
dude we want help .........were not dissing on you.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Look Guys , I am an honest person.. I have lived alot..if it didnt work I would say so..but it does...Im happy to share with everyone that it works..I cannot stress enough that it is doable...I did nothing out of this world..all I used was some real good info from this very site of what was needed for it to work. If you get the main wiring harness " from mc'carthies auto salvage" they are in Georgia speak to Matt. again , I will go on the record that this contact was given to me from "Timmy"...and many thanks to him...I had a complete harness sent to my door for 250.00 shipped!! compared to 1000.00 at the dealer ship. granted you need to get the sunload sensor, the blower module control, to make it work...." maybe I was lucky" but I did not have to have my "bcm" flashed to make it work..I live in Florida guys it is Very hot right now..I could not be without A/C...:worship:

·
professional smartass
5,600 Posts
and this harness is it the main harness or what? can i just add part of the harness to my truck im a diesel so it will be different im sure.

·
CHIMICHANGA
3,275 Posts
Where is all the helpful stuff? You have essentially said the same thing in every post.

We are glad it works, please share the knowledge!!!!

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Maybe worth it to make your WT into a power model with PL, PW, and signal mirrors, but if it is done just for the digi HAC.....not worth all that $$$... Great that it was done.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts