GMC Truck Forum banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
professional smartass
5,606 Posts
Maybe worth it to make your WT into a power model with PL, PW, and signal mirrors, but if it is done just for the digi HAC.....not worth all that $$$... Great that it was done.
well i dont think 500-600 dollars is that much to pay plus you can ebay the old shit away

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Where is all the helpful stuff? You have essentially said the same thing in every post So you want me to reapeat my self agian? read my posts real good..I already explained what you need..and where to get them... and for the other poster, I mainly did this not so much for the A/C but, moreso because I wanted power windows and locks and mirrors with the L.E.D>'s in them....and yes, they work too!:ninja: Timmy, has probably the best most in depth step by step I have seen ...do a search you will find it...

·
professional smartass
5,606 Posts
robert do you know if i can add just part of this to my harness or do i need to find a diesel lt harness? my truck has everything but the digital hvac.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Dude you really got me there...mine is gas, and youres is diesel Imagine youres has to have alot of things mine doesnt as far as electronics for the diesel...one thing is for almost for sure, even if you have power everything, your speed control plug for the fan speed is probably different than the digi one...thats what I found on mine..thats why I ended up going with the digi style..

·
professional smartass
5,606 Posts
Dude you really got me there...mine is gas, and youres is diesel Imagine youres has to have alot of things mine doesnt as far as electronics for the diesel...dont know what to tell you on that..do you have power everything except digi A/c?
well everything but seats and that. there are some lt options i dont have like heated seats and bose but thats all as far as the ls package.

·
professional smartass
5,606 Posts
if i could add in the wiring for the digi part and the sensors and all id do that though i dont care to cut one or 2 wires.

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
so, if you put the dual temps at, say, 72 will it stay at that temp? When over 75 outside, will it blow cold inside? And when it is 65, will it blow warmer air?

It is nice to have. i have it on my 06 sierra. My 04 Yukon does not have it, but I don't miss it much in that truck.

Mr. 960

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Mr.960, yes it is maintaining the temp, however youre 65 degree thing I dont know yet because it's been so darn hot here lately...and I just finished it over the weekend....Im happy with it..:tongue:

·
professional smartass
5,606 Posts
i hate the manual knobs really thats only thing i wish my truck had on it it dont

well that and the 6speed auto from an 06 and a longer bed

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Mr.960, yes it is maintaining the temp, however youre 65 degree thing I dont know yet because it's been so darn hot here lately...and I just finished it over the weekend....Im happy with it..:tongue:
Hmmm... congrats. We just want to verify it works. You are kinda the ginneypig (I know it's fawken spelled wrong) for us to see if this mod works.

Question when you get in and the truck is real hot from sitting in the sun, does the recirculation automaticl come on, then shut off once the temp stabalizes?

Mr. 960

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
960, you know I have not really paid attention to that..I will and let you know in the next few days..whats interesting about all of this , is that I really did not really intend on adding digi a/c right now , but rather was forced to because the complete wiring harness I bought came from a truck with digi a/c... I did not know that at first , only when I went connect my a/c cluster and found that the a/c fan speed plug would not fit my manual...thats how I figured what the problem was....so, I did not want to start hacking the harness instead just went for the change....

·
Registered
2 Posts
this stup works fine I did it in my 05 sierra w/t. I also used bose and bcm from a 2006 suburban and never even went to the dealer. I tried to use my stock bcm and it would run windows and ac but not the power locks?? swapped bcm and worked great. my 2 cents I also put in heated leather with the 03-06 you need to swap bcms to gain heat and memory seats. I also swapped clock springs and steering wheel and speedometer cluster for DIC. the whole thing cost me 1200.00. But it was for all that plus a transfer case. the truck has been sold, I am currently trying to find it to try and buy it back! It was a 2005 short bed standard cab 4x4 with leather and console I sold it 2 years ago because we had another child. Pete at Nordstroms got me all the parts I needed perfect. I stayed with the same vehicle for all my parts and there was no flash, just a theftlock relearn. I also used the sierra gm manuals!

·
Z71 Offroad
1,259 Posts
I would love for someone to do a write-up and a parts list with links to what we need. I've got auto everything im just wanting the digital hvac.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Where is all the helpful stuff? You have essentially said the same thing in every post So you want me to reapeat my self agian? read my posts real good..I already explained what you need..and where to get them... and for the other poster, I mainly did this not so much for the A/C but, moreso because I wanted power windows and locks and mirrors with the L.E.D>'s in them....and yes, they work too!:ninja: Timmy, has probably the best most in depth step by step I have seen ...do a search you will find it...
Can you share the link of this Timmy guy I’ve been looking at so many threads about this swap

·
Registered
1 Posts
Guys, Im a 48 yr old Man! im not a kid!! if it didnt work, Im man enough to say it didnt; but it does, I dont feel I need to prove anything to anyone..my ac works the defroster works the different settings work, my heat works..what else do you want??? it is not that difficult...it "CAN" be done...I really dont care what everyone else has done..I used the great info in this site and all I can say is thank you to those that shared positive experiences..what I see has happened here is that someone has said it cant be done and then people just run with that...Not true ...I have mine working and working the correct way without cutting or hacking anything...I encourage others to try it...peace out...:shake:
Man I could really use your help I just got a digital climate control trying to switch over from analog and I need some directions you good get back to me

·
professional smartass
5,606 Posts
guy was from 2010.............. i dont even have that truck anymore lol. i gave up on the swap. id rather have manual now after driving a few auto ones.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Dang it. Sorry didn’t realize how old this was. Plus I wanted to go from digital to the manual climate controls. I hate the stupid digital ones. I originally had a Sierra with the manual controls and now got
My
LBZ. It was so much nicer easier quicker then the worthless pos digital. Plus once I would pick my settings they would stay there
And not
Change until I want them too. No the stupid digital
Ones will change if I turn them
On and off. Stupid worthless gm the only thing I hate about my truck

21 - 40 of 40 Posts