GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Blown Daily
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wanting to know if these look like 16.5 / 12 rims and 36 / 14.5 swampers...? I am looking into new wheels and tires and this is what I am going for. I will most likely be selling my Cheyannes and X-terrains, we shall see.

The wheels/ tires are on the white Yukon on this page

http://www.chromeflames.com/flames.html

Thanks

Jason

·
Blown Daily
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Adam said:
I'd have to agree with you Jason. What tires/wheels are you looking at? Personally, I'd stick with 10" wide... a lot less wear on the wheel bearings.

Same wheel and tire combo as that white Yukon.... I want to go back to a more traditional off-road look, these Cheyannes are very nice, but I am more "old school"

Jason

·
thats right
1,399 Posts
those look like 15x14 welds. either way they are waaaay too wide. too much wear and they look funky.

Jason, why not go back to your old wheel/tire combo? it looked damn offroadish :rocking:

·
Blown Daily
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jeff said:
those look like 15x14 welds. either way they are waaaay too wide. too much wear and they look funky.

Jason, why not go back to your old wheel/tire combo? it looked damn offroadish :rocking:
I am looking at 36" tires this time , the 38.5" swampers looked great, but at 30 years old and a wife & 2 kids, too big is too big. This is daily driven, tows on a regular basis, etc. It makes more sense to bring it down a touch. I wanted the Weld super singles when I first lifted my truck, but could not afford them, so I went with the Extreme alloys instead....Then the Cheyanne came out and caught my eye.....The rest is all old news. I am ready for a change and figure I will get what I really want this time around. The rest of the truck is basically finished...Just need new rooling stock.

Jason

·
Blown Daily
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
15/14 is way too wide....I think 12" wide would be ok, as I am not too rough on my truck, just towing. I am unsure if a 10" would give me the look I am shooting for.

Jason

·
thats right
1,399 Posts
well. weld offers 2 different BS options with their wheels. 3 5/8 inch and 4 5/8 inch. if you get the former, even with 10s it will be pretty wide. let me see if i can dig up a pic of an obs on 36x14s and 15x12s. dangit webshots deleted them. it was a guy on FSC named BonziZ71, something like that.

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
those look like 12 inch with 36's...my brother runs 6" susp 3" body with 12's and 36x14.5 no trouble his frontend is in good shape too... :rocking: that may be 14's in that picture tho they look wider than my bros.. 12's won't hurt it that bad people do it around here all the time. a buddy of mine has 44x19.5 boggers on 20" widened steel wheels on a 98 jeep wrangler :insane: thats insane i know! :nono:

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
i think so too. 12" wide rims on 36's

1BAD9T7... what are you going to do with your welds and your x terrains??? If you haven't already sold them, I might be interested. What sizes are the rims and tires on your current setup, and are the tires in good shape?

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
Yay... they will fit my truck. 1BAD9T7... are you selling them?

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
klemmentine said:
Yay... they will fit my truck. 1BAD9T7... are you selling them?
check the hub sizes on the rims first... i know when my dad tried to give me his stock rims off his OBS denali, they wouldnt fit. the hubs on the OBS are slightly smaller, so if thoose rims are hub centric for his truck, my guess they probably wouldn't fit yours.

1bad9T7, your truck is awesome :rocking:

·
Kyle
1,684 Posts
How much are you looking to get for your old rims and tires?

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
Well, if i find out they fit.. I would drive to paso robles this weekend to pick them up. :D

·
Blown Daily
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
LOL :D I never intended this post to be a for sale ad... but yeah, I am going to sell the current set in order to buy the new ones. The tires are in very good shape, rims are perfect. I have a few thousand miles on them at the most. I will post as soon as I am ready to let them go, but in the meantime, what do you all think they are worth?

Jason

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
Well, brand new that set would be a little over $3000. I really don't know how flexible you are, or how much you want out of them. My budget is in the $1200-1500 range right now. But I'm not in a hurry to get them either. I dunno, my price range might be lower than what you were looking for. Just let me know what you think. I know your rims were expensive, and they probably hold their value. I don't know about tires though, I'd think they loose their value once they are driven on or if they are used. I'm more than willing to drive to pick them up if we can settle on a deal. Just let me know.

Alden

·
Blown Daily
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I am looking for a little more than that...but....I will think of a price and post it in the for sale section....

Thanks

Jason

1 - 20 of 20 Posts