GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
19,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to see some pictures of some different colors... i have some more work to do on my truck and i thought about painting them some wild color just to make them stand out a tad... pics plz:ninja:

·
Watchu know about trucks?
1,154 Posts
Another question to go along with this. Do most of you paint just the caliper or the mounting bracket too?

BTW, mine will be red.

·
Registered
19,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
and another question... has anyone used that kind that you brush on? if you have can i get some close up pics? or do most people just spray them... im just gunna paint my calipers the bracket maybe black :think:

·
1,154 Posts

·
1,154 Posts
I'll probably do mine this weekend. I was going to do it when I swapped out the brakes last week. I'm glad I didnt. The black coating that comes on the new Powerstop rotors makes a hell of a mess those first few miles of use. I was also going to clean, polish and seal the chrome on the wheels. I'm glad I waited on that too.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Another question to go along with this. Do most of you paint just the caliper or the mounting bracket too?

BTW, mine will be red.
Just did the caliper

and another question... has anyone used that kind that you brush on? if you have can i get some close up pics? or do most people just spray them... im just gunna paint my calipers the bracket maybe black :think:
Brush on on the truck. Don't have any close ups, but its a nice finish. Can't speak for all kits, but the duplicolor kit kinda evens itself out when it drys so there are not any brush strokes or anything. I wanted to do my brackets black, but ran out of time and haven't got back too it.

·
Registered
19,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
im gunna use the duplicolor kit... i will prolly do the brakets black but i havent been able to decide what color i want the calipers

·
The Barber Shop
3,110 Posts
I took a can of Chevy orange engine enamel, sprayed it into a cup, used a brush, brushed on a couple coats and worked great.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
My friend did his jaguar's calipers yellow, looked really good. I have red on mine but they came that way.

·
1,154 Posts
i wonder what yellow would look like on my truck? :think:

Get a yellow piece of construction paper, cut it out the same shape as the caliper, tape it in place and see how it looks. If you like it. Then paint it yellow.

·
\m/
19 Posts
I went with Red as I knew it'd look decent plus Duplicolor didn't have many options. Black just doesn't give it the look I want.

I sprayed the calipers and bracket after cleaning with brake cleaner and it worked great for a year through the 4 seasons here in MN. For touch up's I use the brush on kit. It's thicker, easier and I don't even have to remove the calipers for most spots. It's pretty nice.

However, make sure you have a good brush as a back up to the piece of shit brush Duplicolor gives you. Mine pulled apart after I tried to put on a second coat (5-10min) after letting the first set up a bit.

Here's a decent close up:
denaliwheelcloseup.jpg

One more for good measure:
denalifrontwheel.jpg

·
1,154 Posts
However, make sure you have a good brush as a back up to the piece of shit brush Duplicolor gives you.

Yeah, that brush sucks. I was wondering how a foam brush would work.

The last time I used the brush on caliper paint it was the middle if winter and it was cold in the garage. The paint was pretty thick. I was thinking of using a small foam brush and leaving the can of paint in the sun.

It's supposed to rain this weekend, so its probably a no go to try to paint the calipers. Maybe durning the week next week.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts