GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have stainless nerf bars and i was thinkin of usin herculiner to make them black. Has anyone done this or will it work?

·
FFR Fabrication
8,144 Posts
Hurculiner is good shit. I've tried a couple DIY bedliners. Definitely go with Hurculiner if you were going to go with anything. I was thinking bout putting some liner on the step portion of the n-fabs because when they get wet it gets really slippery.

·
GMC Owner
1,464 Posts
i have some paint peeling on my steps and thought about getting them line-x'ed.

If herculiner is good stuff, will it last from being steped on multiple times a day?

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
i used herculiner on the whole tub of my jeep and part of my dash, instead of rolling it on i spend the 40 or 60 bucks on a sprayer and worked great, ended up doing a ton of coats but it came out great, just do good prep work and your fine.

·
FFR Fabrication
8,144 Posts
i have some paint peeling on my steps and thought about getting them line-x'ed.

If herculiner is good stuff, will it last from being steped on multiple times a day?
Just do the Herculiner... it's much cheaper then getting line-xed and will be just fine.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
what all prep does the bars need? just a clean surface?

·
FFR Fabrication
8,144 Posts
Definitely a clean surface. I'd rough it up a bit to. Then use some Lacquer Thinner or the like and do a quick wipe down. Wait till its all dry then have at it

·
is Bi-Winning and a
8,241 Posts
im thinking of doing it to my bed since i barely use it but want a liner and dont want to pay for Line-X
Me too. I use my bed but anything really hardcore like firewood, slate rock for driveway, scrap metal, etc I use a trailer anyways...

·
FFR Fabrication
8,144 Posts
im thinking of doing it to my bed since i barely use it but want a liner and dont want to pay for Line-X
You have no money...shit gets expensive :crazy:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts