GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
My GF Teases me for this
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've got an 08 Silverado SCSB and i am wanting to lift it. if anyone has any ideas for it or thoughts on the rough coutry lifts please let me know thanks!

Chris

·
California Castaway
9,402 Posts
Rough country 5" I like: It retains stock angles at a decent price.

Rough Country 7.5" I do NOT like: The spindle and cross member is the same, all that is different is it uses a larger spacer and even bigger block. Also the differential drop is the same at only 5" So essentially you do not have the option of cranking it up any more for fear of shitty angles.

In place of the RC 7.5 I like the fabtech. It is a true 8" lift and will give basically stock angles meaning you can still put a spacer on top of it if you want to run 36s or 37s

Just my .02 cents

·
WANT LIFT!!!
3,286 Posts
Rough country 5" I like: It retains stock angles at a decent price.

Rough Country 7.5" I do NOT like: The spindle and cross member is the same, all that is different is it uses a larger spacer and even bigger block. Also the differential drop is the same at only 5" So essentially you do not have the option of cranking it up any more for fear of shitty angles.

In place of the RC 7.5 I like the fabtech. It is a true 8" lift and will give basically stock angles meaning you can still put a spacer on top of it if you want to run 36s or 37s

Just my .02 cents
Agreed!

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Didn't fabtech go bankrupt?:think:

·
My GF Teases me for this
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks! i dont think id go any bigger then a 6", anything bigger would look funny on a RC. does anyone know of a 6" kit for about the same price as the rough coutry 5"

·
Ultra Mega Bro
642 Posts
Im loving my rcx 5 inch. Stock angles are nice. All lifts use the same steel so i doubt anything will "fall apart" unless there is installer error. The zone 6.5 lift looks good to me but i didnt want to weld anything or replace coil springs. I got the zone 1.5 body lift on the way so i can clear my tires a little better.

·
California Castaway
9,402 Posts
If I had known I would have definetely considered zone. Having replacement shocks for the struts and no spacers is nice, I also like the additional link they have connecting the 2 crossmembers :D

·
My GF Teases me for this
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
does the Zone 6.5" ride nice? and went together fine, and you had/have no problems with it?

·
Rehab is for quitters
2,622 Posts
as soon as Jon calls me back im placing my order for the 5" rcx so i can finally get up in the air a bit.

·
07SilveradoNoob
1,314 Posts
I had a few issues with the driveshaft pulling out the tailshaft and leaking a bit when suspension was maxed up and my rear brake lines are different than other trucks and mine seems to sit a little higher than others in the front;

but apparently my truck was a early/mid 07 truck and everyone else's truck is newer build date(included Zone test trucks) so that could be my issue.

·
Devout Hedonist
147 Posts
5" RC is one I am looking at as well. I'd like to see some pics if anyone out there has any to share!

·
Mossy Oak Pro Staff
2,668 Posts
Unlike other people here, I actually have the RC 7.5" kit and I'm happy with it...well except for the large blocks in the rear but that's an easy fix. The angles are not bad so I'm sure you'd be happy with the 5". Well worth the money :imo

·
Registered
458 Posts
Unlike other people here, I actually have the RC 7.5" kit and I'm happy with it...well except for the large blocks in the rear but that's an easy fix. The angles are not bad so I'm sure you'd be happy with the 5". Well worth the money :imo
how long have u had it? i thought about getting it since it is not much more than the 5". do u have pics of ur truck besides your sig? and how is the large blocks in the rear an easy fix, like wat do u do to fix it?

·
Devout Hedonist
147 Posts
1 - 20 of 27 Posts