GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Texas Born & Raised!
4,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are yalls thoughts on this setup for my 2007 2500HD 4x4 with the 6.0L...

-K&N or Outlaw CAI
-Thorley LT's
-3.5" Exhaust
-Nelson Tune

Also, would it be beneficial for me to add a 160* thermostat? I am mainly just looking for more performance and better MPG from the 6.0, it feels like a strong motor that hasn't been opened up yet and I want to open it up! :evil:

Anyone care to give me some thoughts, comments or suggestions? Any and all are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Dusty

P.S.-I also posted this on PT.net...

·
Registered
8,114 Posts
3.5" exhaust.... why? :think:

the 160 stat will help powerwise but will actually hurt your mpg. they run hot for a reason :imo

·
Texas Born & Raised!
4,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
3.5" exhaust.... why? :think:
Because thats what came on it stock, so I just added a muffler and had it dumped...

the 160 stat will help powerwise but will actually hurt your mpg. they run hot for a reason :imo
How much hurt are we talking about here?

·
Registered
8,114 Posts
well it definately wont get better but i really cant say a figure on what it will go down, you may not even notice it really... you wont even notice the power increase either... both effects are minimal.

·
Texas Born & Raised!
4,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well it definately wont get better but i really cant say a figure on what it will go down, you may not even notice it really... you wont even notice the power increase either... both effects are minimal.
Yeah I just thought it might be a good mod, but I'm thinking that its not worth it anymore... And whats wrong with my 3.5" exhaust?

·
Fresno State Bulldog
5,708 Posts
You firm on getting a Nelson tune?? PM justinss from BlackBearPerformance and tell him you want my tune :D I've got a K&N intake, Flowmaster, 160 t-stat and e-fans and I can spin the 41's very easily :D:D But I'll let you know my next tank's MPG with the 160 t-stat and e fans, I just put both on last night.....in the future I plan on adding headers and a cam and then calling it a day, but yeah a tune will DEF. wake up that 6.0 :D:D

·
Texas Born & Raised!
4,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You firm on getting a Nelson tune?? PM justinss from BlackBearPerformance and tell him you want my tune :D I've got a K&N intake, Flowmaster, 160 t-stat and e-fans and I can spin the 41's very easily :D:D But I'll let you know my next tank's MPG with the 160 t-stat and e fans, I just put both on last night.....in the future I plan on adding headers and a cam and then calling it a day, but yeah a tune will DEF. wake up that 6.0 :D:D
Well the reason I decided on Nelson is because I can drive down there and do a true street tune instead of a mail order one. No offense to Justin, I just think I would be more satisfied this way. How did you go about installing the efans Mauro?

·
Fresno State Bulldog
5,708 Posts
Well the reason I decided on Nelson is because I can drive down there and do a true street tune instead of a mail order one. No offense to Justin, I just think I would be more satisfied this way. How did you go about installing the efans Mauro?

Ahh, didn't know you were so close to Nelson, good deal :D As for the E-Fans, it was pretty simple. I bought 05 Tahoe fans on ebay for $245 shipped, they bolt right in place with no modifications, got a wiring harness from ratt ron here on GMFS, wired it in and good to go, did it last night, I'll be posting some pics later on when I get home from work, time will tell as far as mileage gains, but I can already feel a little more power without the clutch fan on :D:D

·
Registered
195 Posts
are you doing dual 3.5 in for single 3.5 inch? i know my 05 hd had 3 inch pipes comin from the motor not 3.5.

·
Texas Born & Raised!
4,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
are you doing dual 3.5 in for single 3.5 inch? i know my 05 hd had 3 inch pipes comin from the motor not 3.5.
Its dual 3" into the single 3.5", from what my exhaust guy told me they didn't start the 3.5" tailpipe until '07.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts