GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
internet bigot®
4,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
oh hell yea... thats really nice.

one of the reasons i was lookin at it WAS because it was black.... so yeah, its one of the benefits of havin an onyx truck i guess... other than dirt... blecchh.

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
SierraRollinDubz said:
I need a tonneau cover bad! How hard/easy are they to take on and off?
my gaylord's X2000 is easy as hell to take off. All you need is a friend. Two screws come off, and it just lifts off.

·
internet bigot®
4,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Badassilverado said:
I like the flush ones too. Only thing I don't like about that one is how big the weatherstripping is on the edges, it seems to stand out. Your truck is black though so maybe it wouldn't be very noticeable.
i think in the pic they show that yellow one with a matched yellow weatherstripping.

·
Registered
24 Posts
onyx_silverado said:
check this out.... i'm lookin for something that is flush, lightweight and quality... let me know your thoughts on this product.. thanks....
QUOTE]

You might want to scope out Checkmate they have nice fiberglass tonneaus and they are relatively easy to take off/on all you need to do is get the quick release hinges. my buddy has one on his 96 sierra and between the 2 of us we can usually get it off and on it a couple of minutes. :mexsmoke:

http://www.checkerpro.com/checkmate_fx.html

that Gemtop cover is really nice also. anybody know how much those go for?

·
I'll Take teh Case!
1,918 Posts
While we are on the subject of tonneau covers....

I went down to my local truck accessory store in attempt to pick up a Gaylord lid. He all but refused to sell me one by claiming that the quality was very poor and that snug lids were far superior. Well, that may be, but snug lids cost bundles more. Is Gaylord really that bad, or is this guy just trying to sell me more expensive stuff.

Also, I found this lid on the internet. Anyone know the brand? The semi-spoiler/fin is beginning to grow on me...

·
I'll Take teh Case!
1,918 Posts
Well just FYI...I did a little research on the mystery tonneau cover in question. I contacted the owner and this is what he had to say about it:

The cover is a Fibernetics, or what used to be called Steel Horse cover. There is only one place I could find it, and it is StreetbeatCustoms.com. It is like $600 and $150 to ship it. Spend the extra $150, and have them paint it, so it will be $900 to your door, but the paint quility on it, is better than you would get at most body shops!
I always hate to buy stuff sight unseen...has anyone else dealt with Street Beat Customs before? Did the stuff arrive on time & un-damaged?

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
I have the Checkmate cover, it comes in black or white gel coat fiberglass ... it's not too bad for the money. Also put the bushwacker rails on to match it, if I get it painted those will either be painted too or pulled back off.

I used to have the checkmate soft cover but this is what happened to it after a bad thunderstorm

Checkmate took it back, and applied a full credit to the hard cover .. so I was pretty happy.

·
Registered
716 Posts
I want to get a cover too but I thought it would be an issue since I carry loads alot. But you guys are saying they're quick and easy to take off. Now the only problem is the bed liner.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts