GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
GMFS Senior OG Member
3,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anybody shed some light if this is a waste of money or not.. It might be going on my 95 C1500 305CI..

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
on the dyno last weekend im pretty sure it was proven that all it does is make a cool sound. unless you get one cheap or free, id save your money.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
lowred said:
on the dyno last weekend im pretty sure it was proven that all it does is make a cool sound. unless you get one cheap or free, id save your money.

You can't really compare mods on 2 VERY different motors. On a TBI, they are proven to help out. Mine is from TD Performance.

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
Its one of those things that you hear tons of mixed results on. Boils down to there are tons of variables, what engine, what mods etc.. You just kinda have to try it yourself. Ill throw one on if I get one cheap, but wouldnt pay more than 50 for one.

·
thats right
1,399 Posts
91_bowtie said:
You can't really compare mods on 2 VERY different motors. On a TBI, they are proven to help out. Mine is from TD Performance.
EXACTLY!!!

people always overlook the fact that the 88-95 motors are COMPLETELY different from the 96+ ones.

on the TBI like buda has the spacers are sweet! its the 96+ that they just make a cool sound

·
GMFS Senior OG Member
3,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the input guys !! I bought an aluminum spacer not the phenolic one for $29.00.. For that kind of $$ figure I can't go wrong if it doesn't work it can be used as a paper weight.. I was really looking for more throttle response and that cool sound you guys talked about.. Oh well after I get it I'll let you guys know if it does anything..

·
thats right
1,399 Posts
for that kind of money you CANT go wrong. LOL. damn thats a good price for a metal one.

i dont think the sound changes much on a TBI tho, just the throttle response

·
I am the Moderatonator!
1,128 Posts
Dark Eternal said:
hahaha ill take it for 20 bucks. It has to do SOMETHING

Well, it makes alot of noise :anitoof:

·
Burning Rubber
994 Posts
TB Spacers = waste of money

·
internet bigot®
4,016 Posts
hey buda1... i think you will feel some difference in your truck.. on the NBS motors though... they are crap.

·
My name's not Kevin
308 Posts
hey buda1... i think you will feel some difference in your truck.. on the NBS motors though... they are crap.
I was thinking the same thing, because it will "kind" of act like a high rise manifold.

·
internet bigot®
4,016 Posts
ya, the spacer actually aids the air alot more on the older motors because they are centered above the manifold instead of in front, so the air is distributed alot better.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Personally, i notice a huge boost in mid RPM power. feels good when you punch it going 30mph and it downshifts to first at 3500 on that tach, :head2: and im only runnning a 4.3L. $100 and an hour of labor, it was worth it, mpg increase too.

·
Registered
736 Posts
cheapest ones can be found on ebay for less then 50 bux. but you can even make your own out of wood, which will keep the TB cooler, which provides more compression :waytogo:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts