GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had this kit laying in the basement, so it's basically a free mod for me, so I figured "why the hell not?"

FYI: It'll be 75-100 shot, wet, tune should be a safe one for it but the first time I spray it we'll be datalogging with HPTuners to make sure it's cosher. Also, to save the 4L60E, its getting a window switch with 3000 activation and 5500 de-activation. My shift point is 5800 right now.

I'd guess it'll probably get used rare/never, but again, I figured having it in here was better than having it on the shelf in the basement :hmm:

Still have to install a blowdown tube and finish the kit, basically all that's done is the bottle mount and line routing. NO holes were drilled in the body of the truck, I was particular about that. The only hole is in the drain plug (shown below), and the bottle is actually mounted to a plate below the carpet that sets on top of the insulation layer, as well as bolting underneath the two seat bolts.

Teardown:
DSC04282.jpg

Line ran (no holes drilled in the body of the truck)
DSC04283.jpg

Brackets in:
DSC04290.jpg

Bottle installed:
DSC04291.jpg

Seat down (lightly presses on bottle handle, not bad):
DSC04293.jpg

What bottle???
DSC04292.jpg

Solenoids just laid in the box (will be mounted solid):
DSC04285.jpg

What Solenoids???
DSC04284.jpg

Comments, questions, and critique are more than welcome!

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
have you thought about reversing the bottle mounts so that the handle is lower and who knows maybe gravity would help it out or something. nice clean setup:head:

·
Ballin' on a Budget
2,113 Posts
Looks nice. The only thing on the underside of the seat for about an inch or so is material so the knob should be just fine. Where are you running your nozzles? What is that black rubber looking thing that the line is going through?

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
In the floor you mean? That's just a rubber coated drain plug or something, it's just pressed into the body of the truck.

I am running a couple of lines up to a wet NOS fogger that will be tapped into the underside of the intake tube right where the tube turns into the throttle body opening.

·
I CANT SPELL GET OVER IT
1,705 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Might be slightly delayed. Should have HPTuners coming soon, and I think I'll wait to spray it until I can get a nice progressive system loaded on the laptop.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts