GMC Truck Forum banner

throttle in a bottle for the sierra

1K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  sfriesen 
#1 ·
I had this kit laying in the basement, so it's basically a free mod for me, so I figured "why the hell not?"

FYI: It'll be 75-100 shot, wet, tune should be a safe one for it but the first time I spray it we'll be datalogging with HPTuners to make sure it's cosher. Also, to save the 4L60E, its getting a window switch with 3000 activation and 5500 de-activation. My shift point is 5800 right now.

I'd guess it'll probably get used rare/never, but again, I figured having it in here was better than having it on the shelf in the basement :hmm:

Still have to install a blowdown tube and finish the kit, basically all that's done is the bottle mount and line routing. NO holes were drilled in the body of the truck, I was particular about that. The only hole is in the drain plug (shown below), and the bottle is actually mounted to a plate below the carpet that sets on top of the insulation layer, as well as bolting underneath the two seat bolts.

Teardown:

Line ran (no holes drilled in the body of the truck)

Brackets in:

Bottle installed:

Seat down (lightly presses on bottle handle, not bad):

What bottle???

Solenoids just laid in the box (will be mounted solid):

What Solenoids???

Comments, questions, and critique are more than welcome!

See less See more
#3 ·
Looks nice. The only thing on the underside of the seat for about an inch or so is material so the knob should be just fine. Where are you running your nozzles? What is that black rubber looking thing that the line is going through?

#4 ·
In the floor you mean? That's just a rubber coated drain plug or something, it's just pressed into the body of the truck.

I am running a couple of lines up to a wet NOS fogger that will be tapped into the underside of the intake tube right where the tube turns into the throttle body opening.

#9 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.