GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! After I sell my little rice car I should have somewhere around 2300$ to drop into my truck and I wanted to come to ya all first before I throw the money away. Please list some external/internal (or performance for that matter) mods I should do to my all stock White 01 Chevy Norm Cab Stepside Silverado. Keeping the price limit in mind of course. What things will make my truck noticeably different and give it that customized look? I know the most obvious is the wheels which are going to take a big chunk out of that 2300 but list some other things disregarding the wheels for now.

·
Registered
736 Posts
A grill is cheap 100-200 dollars, and give a none stock appearence to the front end. A roll pan is also cheap and will trick out your rear, and also a drop in height will also give it a custom look without wheels, and drop is also cheap. you could afford this with 2300 and have over 1000 dollars left over, you could get a cowl or ram induction hood, and save towards you RimZ :bowtie:

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
I get almost everything I have on my truck off Ebay so be sure to check them.
4/6 or 5/7 Drop
Billet Grille
Tahoe Grille Shell
Billet bowtie(or have the OEM painted white)
Rollpan
Clear turn signals
smoothed and painted bumper cap
escalade handles
shaved tailgate handle and holes
euro tails

You can drive on factory size tires with a 4/6, but I think ya have to go with a smaller tire a 5/7.

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
It's all chrome where a factory silvy one has the black plastic. Most chevy owners will put the tahoe shell in or get theirs painted to match.

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
Tempero said:
way2hi, all those ideas surely arnt within price range. What is a Tahoe Grill Shell?
Tahoe Grill shell is all chrome and looks alot cleaner than the standard silverado grill with textured black around it.

As way2hi mentioned:

4/6 or 5/7 Drop - ~600 with shocks + ~300 to install
Billet Grille ~ 100
Tahoe Grille Shell ~ 200 (looks better than standard with billet)
Rollpan ~ 250 painted
Clear turn signals ~30 off ebay
smoothed and painted bumper cap - no clue on pricing...probably 200-300 with paint.
escalade handles ~70 bucks
shaved tailgate handle and holes ~ 300
euro tails ~ yuck

Looks like you are coming in at $2150, thats under your 2300 budget with all of this :rocking: not to mention your truck would really stand out, even with stock wheels :D

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
Y2KSierra said:
Tahoe Grill shell is all chrome and looks alot cleaner than the standard silverado grill with textured black around it.

As way2hi mentioned:

4/6 or 5/7 Drop - ~600 with shocks + ~300 to install
Billet Grille ~ 100
Tahoe Grille Shell ~ 200 (looks better than standard with billet)
Rollpan ~ 250 painted
Clear turn signals ~30 off ebay
smoothed and painted bumper cap - no clue on pricing...probably 200-300 with paint.
escalade handles ~70 bucks
shaved tailgate handle and holes ~ 300
euro tails ~ yuck

Looks like you are coming in at $2150, thats under your 2300 budget with all of this :rocking: not to mention your truck would really stand out, even with stock wheels :D
Werd! That sounds about right. I guess you better get to ordering a lot of shit! Just imagine it's Christmas!

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Prices where I live are alot cheaper.
4/6 or 5/7 Drop-http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33586&item=2468102138 - $200 to install

Billet Grille http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6763&item=2468814522 $62

Tahoe Grille Shell

Billet bowtie(or have the OEM painted white $10)

Rollpan $175 for sir mikes, $75 paint

Clear/Euro turn signals http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33717&item=2467488616

smoothed and painted bumper cap- you could get a Tahoe one they're already smoothed out. $200 smoothed & painted or $75 for a Tahoe one painted

escalade handles round $50
shaved tailgate handle and holes $125 also need handle flip kit, $40

euro tails-Well whatever ya prefer I liked my TYC's, but they're about the only euros I like.

Price is also based on quality.

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
way2hi said:
That kit doesn't say what brand it is? :think: The DJM 4/6 is the same price as well so i'd go with something i know about, for all you know that could be a shAIM kit unless i'm missing something at it is belltech?

I was also quoting my prices at the "higher end" of the spectrum to give him a good idea of a "worst case scenario" as i know he can come out much cheaper :D

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
I was also quoting my prices at the "higher end" of the spectrum to give him a good idea of a "worst case scenario" as i know he can come out much cheaper
I gotcha That's just the prices I paid to have my stuff shaved and painted when I had my truck white still, not the best work, but at the time I didn't really mind.

Autobahn Wholesale is selling it. I didn't think they sold anything aim, but I looked on their site and they have some stuff by Chassis Tech. I liked my 4/6 DJM kit when I had it. Thought it rode good. All I had was the 4" control arm, 1 leaf taken out of the back, 2" shackle, C-notch, and shocks.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What does it take to install the C-notch? And is that something I can do myself or do I have to take it to a body shop?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Oh, whats a good place to get a cheap hardcover for the back. By cheap I dont mean cheaply made just affordable.

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
Tempero said:
What does it take to install the C-notch? And is that something I can do myself or do I have to take it to a body shop?
I did mine myself. I etched the notch onto a piece of cardboard and cut it out, traced it onto the frame and cut it out with an angle grinder. then i fit the notch up and held it in place with some clamps and drilled the holes and secured it. I did one hole at a time as well as doing the bolts and nuts before moving to the next so the C-notch couldn't move around on me.

Its very intimidating, but also easy when you get down to it and do it :)

As for tonneau covers, they are all pretty expensive, gaylords and snugtops are the only ones i like and they typically run 700+

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
A c-notch is pretty easy to install if ya have a grinder, torch, or plasma cutter. You'll also need a drill to drill the holes to bolt it in place. You could also just weld it on. It's harder to lower it with spindles than it is with arms. With arms all you have to do is unbolt the lower control arm and seperate the balljoint from the spindle then bolt the new one back up. A flip kit doesn't take a highschool ed. to install either.

You can get one from Checkmate for $350. It's fiberglass, but not gel coated. The seals are also shitty. It's cheap, but still good quality for their price. If I had my choice I'd go with the one that I asked about in the GP forum.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts