GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a nnbs rcsb with a 4.8l its mainly just for show... im now wanting to do a cam swap and never really knew much about cams. not looking to take the truck out racing every weekend just something to give it some sound& power...

I had a tr220 but ending up selling it..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeQ0jk-7Uzc

found this video on youtube with basicly the same truck (4.8L) i have, running the compcams thumpr cam. the specs on the cam are 219/233 554'537' 109LSA

i read that this cam is best with a 2k stall an gears..

how will this cam be against a tbstall,and 4.10's

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Yeah, I'd want a 4k stall with that in a 4.8.

BUT, since it's simply for show, ignore what we say.

·
Speed Holes
5,190 Posts
BUT, since it's simply for show, ignore what we say.
haha.... the thumpr cam, interesting.

woot woot, thas' only early in da' mo'nin!
...just get the whizzer welded into your tail pipe and you'll have all eyes on you at the show.

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
dont do it man. Also ask this question on ls1truck. You'll get a more detailed response since they are all about the gen 3 motors with cams :)

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
Uhh, I hope you didnt miss the sarcasm in my post, because I was laying it on kinda thick.
lol kinda i havent payed attention to engine mods on gmfs but its hard to miss on ls1truck.
Also was just giving a site thats more dedicated to the motor that could have some more info for him. Not saying its all that and a bag of chips lol

Incorrect. They are all about following whatever their idiodic leader says.

I would not purchase that cam.
i do notice they play follow the leader on there and many responses don't have much variety of knowledge.

·
Registered
11,334 Posts
Im sure people on here would be more thorough in their response if the same question wasnt asked 10 times per week.

A quick search or a look in the cam thread that is stickied at the top of the page would have been wise on his part.

·
TROLL REVOLT of 2012
2,474 Posts
lmaoo

1 - 14 of 14 Posts