GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a nnbs rcsb with a 4.8l its mainly just for show... im now wanting to do a cam swap and never really knew much about cams. not looking to take the truck out racing every weekend just something to give it some sound& power...

I had a tr220 but ending up selling it..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeQ0jk-7Uzc

found this video on youtube with basicly the same truck (4.8L) i have, running the compcams thumpr cam. the specs on the cam are 219/233 554'537' 109LSA

i read that this cam is best with a 2k stall an gears..

how will this cam be against a tbstall,and 4.10's

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Yeah, I'd want a 4k stall with that in a 4.8.

BUT, since it's simply for show, ignore what we say.

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
Uhh, I hope you didnt miss the sarcasm in my post, because I was laying it on kinda thick.
lol kinda i havent payed attention to engine mods on gmfs but its hard to miss on ls1truck.
Also was just giving a site thats more dedicated to the motor that could have some more info for him. Not saying its all that and a bag of chips lol

Incorrect. They are all about following whatever their idiodic leader says.

I would not purchase that cam.
i do notice they play follow the leader on there and many responses don't have much variety of knowledge.

·
Registered
11,334 Posts
Im sure people on here would be more thorough in their response if the same question wasnt asked 10 times per week.

A quick search or a look in the cam thread that is stickied at the top of the page would have been wise on his part.

·
TROLL REVOLT of 2012
2,474 Posts
lmaoo

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.