GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2005 nbs silverado 4x4
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking for a way to flip my tie rods since of the extreme angle and the fact that it’s very close to touching the sway bar and that’s with no wheels on, when it’s on the ground with wheels on it actually lays on the sway bar. I’ve seen a kit sold by a shop in houston but it requieres you to drill the hole on your spindle bigger, if anyone has that same one if you could explain how that’s done i’d appreciate it. As for the setup it’s 2” dropped spindles, 3” torsion keys and, 3” lowering control arms as well as the camber fix top control arms.

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
Angles looked just like my 01 with 8” front in high school. Heim kit fix that, I think that’s what your talking about.

Stock ball joint tie rods are tappered, spindle, can’t just flip that since no tapper in the bottom of the spindle. Drill it straight then run a Heim.

Shop in Huston I’m guessing ekstensive? This is the MMW kit on my 01. It was 5” arms and 4” coils, bump steer was insane, kit fixed all that. And only thing I needed was a drill bit for install. The raw steel spacer on the bolt is supposed to be cut to set angle based on rim/tire size.

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
But I remember sway bar angle was always dog shit. I think I flipped it and was slightly better? Idk ended up cutting the mounts off the arms and moving them.

·
Registered
2005 nbs silverado 4x4
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Angles looked just like my 01 with 8” front in high school. Heim kit fix that, I think that’s what your talking about.

Stock ball joint tie rods are tappered, spindle, can’t just flip that since no tapper in the bottom of the spindle. Drill it straight then run a Heim.

Shop in Huston I’m guessing ekstensive? This is the MMW kit on my 01. It was 5” arms and 4” coils, bump steer was insane, kit fixed all that. And only thing I needed was a drill bit for install. The raw steel spacer on the bolt is supposed to be cut to set angle based on rim/tire size.

View attachment 878044
View attachment 878045
View attachment 878043
do you have the link to where you got it from? was drilling the hole in the spindle a pain in the ass?

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
do you have the link to where you got it from? was drilling the hole in the spindle a pain in the ass?
MMW Bump Steer Kit

The factory spindle truck, yea drilling it sucked, but I was also pretty young. Iv used mcgaughys spindles and it was super easy, just had to drill a hair out the tapper, not the whole spindle like the factory.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts