GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i think my damm tie rodds r worn again. has anyone with a 4 in drop up front replaced them with better ones or aftermarket ones that'll last more than the stock rods?

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
go to napa and get some for an hd, they are better. mine went out at 6k.

·
EscaWHAT?
1,312 Posts
I took my truck to work today, (VERY long day, SHITTY morning) because my new tires were there. 255/35s. I hauled ass back home to go to an alignment shop. HOLY FUCK!!!! Upper ball joints, Lower ball joints, AND inner tie rods, ALL are shot to shit and back. My rim was shaken up and down a half inch, as well as the front in and out. They quoted me $526.43 in parts, and $666.45 labor.

$526.43 in parts is 4 ball joints, and 2 inner tie rods.

Looka what I found bro, you need this as well as me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=020&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:IT&viewitem=&item=300088306632&rd=1,1

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
mine ona 05 rcsb with 4/6 and 22s went out in like 3k after the drop. just picked up the moogs yest all four goin in
got the part numbers?

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I took my truck to work today, (VERY long day, SHITTY morning) because my new tires were there. 255/35s. I hauled ass back home to go to an alignment shop. HOLY FUCK!!!! Upper ball joints, Lower ball joints, AND inner tie rods, ALL are shot to shit and back. My rim was shaken up and down a half inch, as well as the front in and out. They quoted me $526.43 in parts, and $666.45 labor.

$526.43 in parts is 4 ball joints, and 2 inner tie rods.

Looka what I found bro, you need this as well as me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=020&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:IT&viewitem=&item=300088306632&rd=1,1
damm that really sucks

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
ill try and find my part number, ive got the box in the garage i think.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Has anyone done the replacement. My inner tie rod ends are bad and I wanted to know how hard/easy it is to replace them. Pics would be nice also.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
i just did the moog inner and outer on sunday it was really easy. outers have standard jam nut and inner. just use a torch to heat it a little bit and it comes right off even without the tierod inner tool. just dont heat up the rack and pinion shaft. dont want to take the chance of warping it. when you break the inner free make sure the rack shaft is in as much as it can go so you dont acc. bend it trying to break it free.
they use hella lock tite onthe inner youshould be ok with a little heating up.
all in all took me about an hour to do mine and line it back up.

·
Left Jizz
1,225 Posts
has anybody tried using cognito tie rods and pitman and idler arm braces like the offroad guys are doing? Or is there any room to put them in? Everybody with a stock height or lifted truck that has the cognito kit loves how it steers and they last a lot longer with all that mass of the large tires.

·
Milf Hunter
1,796 Posts
What are the symptoms of tierods going out?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts