GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Rollin with Saget
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ne1 ever done one... or maybe know how to do it and what parts to use?

·
Registered
299 Posts
i will be doing one in the next 6 months. Ive heard its pretty easy, get some big hinges. Hint- Check ebay for "piano hinges" really cheap. Also a linear actuator or you could do a air setup. Really just preference.

·
Rollin with Saget
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
me too...

i have heard that those piano hinges are used alot, but arent necessarily the best thing to use.... one of my truck club members said that the hinge system used on outboard powered boats to raise and lower the motor work good...maybe that was the actuators... w/e.

get some pics of the install as well, i want to see this

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
i can see how the acutator from boat motors would work well...they do have to lift up boat motors which can be heavy...and truck beds aren't all that heavy...

·
Rollin with Saget
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
RedneckDude said:
i can see how the acutator from boat motors would work well...they do have to lift up boat motors which can be heavy...and truck beds aren't all that heavy...

gettin it up isnt the problem... its geting it to tilt, the hinge system is usually the hardest part to work out, making sure that it is strong enough to hold the bed, granted its not much weight but still...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts