GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like I will be getting a roll pan sooner than I though, this morning while slowing down for a speed bump a girl in a Lincoln LS didn't and shoved my rear bumper in. Other than the bumper it didn't look too bad, but it was between $1,000-1,300 damage .. one shop after giving me a quote to repair it stock gave me one to weld in a steel roll pan and fix me up and it was about $400 less than putting back on a stock bumper, lol ...

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
chevyman992002 said:
sweet! if you get a rollpan, id suggest getting rid of those chrome exhaust tips and turning down your mufflers right before the axle.
:word: that will give the rear of your truck a very smooth look. Good idea on getting it welded in the first time, i have a bolt on and wish i would have spent the extra 150 and had it welded in :weld:

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Go for the welded rollpan. I got a grant kustoms steel rollpan for my truck, and the bodyline is not the same angle as the bodyline on my truck. I made it work tough. :superhack I say get a smooth rollpan, and put a cadillac license plate box in the tailgate. That makes for a very clean look.

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
get a weld in... but 1000 bucks for a bumper? The bumper only costs like 450 bucks... Any other body damage? I got rear ended too, and that got me my roll pan. It only cost me 100 bucks to get it welded in :D

·
Registered
716 Posts
Damn, I need to brake suddenly in front of a low vehicle so that it only hits my bumper. Then I'll shave the door handles, gas door, and have the pan welded in while it's in the shop.

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
sierraon22s said:
Damn, I need to brake suddenly in front of a low vehicle so that it only hits my bumper. Then I'll shave the door handles, gas door, and have the pan welded in while it's in the shop.
lmao... my accident was a third grade teacher hitting me. She was going maybe 2 mph, tops. The GM bumper is SHIT, so it got bent to one side, so my truck had an ultra chevy lean.

When you getting bags?

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Looks like I will probably be getting the $1,000 ... the car bent my bumper into my rear quarter panel, it did some damage, won't know how much till we take the bumper off. If I was putting a bumper back on it wouldn't matter too much as it would be covered but with a pan it will show.

The shop quoted me $150 for the roll pan, not sure what brand but it was steel and they were going to weld it in. I know the Sir Michaels is about $175 so I might order it and take it to them. While I have the truck in I might look into getting my fiberglass tonneau painted to match the truck with what is left over. My ultimate goal is to have all the door handles, mirrors, bumper cap all painted body color.

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Badassilverado said:
Nice. Your color looks bad ass colormatched. I've seen it before, really clean.
So far I've just done the grill shell, used Duplicolor Pewter paint .. I have 4 more cans just waiting for the weather to get better to do the rest :)

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Looks great .. I plan on painting the cowl or replacing it, is it hard to get out?

As for the tailgate cover, the Chevy isn't as smooth as the GMC, I might shave it off as suggested.

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
That cowl looks pretty good. I was thinking of putting a smooth one on too. Anybody ever done it. I've heard good and bad with those. Plus I need a rollpan bad!

·
Registered
413 Posts
i got rear-ended last summer. got a welded sir michaels rollpan, smoothie front bumper, and '00 escalade door handles. i was stoked.

·
Registered
716 Posts
A while back a lady hit me. Basically no damage but I did manage to get my tail gate handle shaved, fixed a few dents, color-matched my air dam, wiper cowl, tail gate cap, and mirrors. All paid for by the insurance. Christmas came early that year.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts