GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it's time for new tires. I have roughly 15k mikes on my 295/60R20 Nitto trails and they are around half tread. They have wore decent, but I did have some slight cupping issues when I was running them on stock wheels. For whatever reason I haven't had this issue since the 20x10s were added.

My question is this. For those of you that have ran Toyo mt and trails how many miles did you got out of them and which do you prefer? The Toyos are growing on me, but I've never owned a set personally. One big difference I've noticed in the 295/60R20 is that while the Toyo is true to size, the trail runs about 0.75" wider. I like the wider look, but I really need to adjust my struts up to the next setting if I go back with trails because it does scrub on occasion. Anyways what's your opinion...trails or Toyo mt??

Here are a few pics with the Trails....

mine parkingdeck-4 (1 of 1) by brett_sparks7, on Flickr

mine parkingdeck-5 (1 of 1) by brett_sparks7, on Flickr

mine parkingdeck-6 (1 of 1) by brett_sparks7, on Flickr

·
Registered
430 Posts
i can not speak for the mileage as i have not owned both sets from new until wore out, BUT i can tell you that the nittos are noticeably louder than the toyos. i personally think the trail has the edge as far as looks go, but will not likely ever buy another set unless i'm buying used (i.e. already on a set of wheels being purchased). i am sold on the toyos.

and not to change the subject, but check out the new toyo r/t. i finally saw a set in person here at work and they look really good in person

·
00silvy
3,679 Posts
I've had both. Currently have trails and they're louder than my Toyos.. will be going back to Toyos

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i can not speak for the mileage as i have not owned both sets from new until wore out, BUT i can tell you that the nittos are noticeably louder than the toyos. i personally think the trail has the edge as far as looks go, but will not likely ever buy another set unless i'm buying used (i.e. already on a set of wheels being purchased). i am sold on the toyos.

and not to change the subject, but check out the new toyo r/t. i finally saw a set in person here at work and they look really good in person

Thanks for the input. I do like the r/t, but I prefer a mud terrain. Also the r/t isn't available in a 295/60r20 yet.

I've had both. Currently have trails and they're louder than my Toyos.. will be going back to Toyos

What type of milage have you got out of each?

·
Registered
876 Posts
My friend had a set of 35×12.5r17 toyos ,he claims to have gotten 40,000 out of them.

Should have done gloss black roof wrap, never understand the satin/matte roof wraps since it defeats the purpose

·
00silvy
3,679 Posts
I had Toyos on my half ton (truck was lighter weight) and they wore perfect for about 20k miles and had well over half tread left when I sold the truck. I rotated them every 5k.

I currently have Trail Grapplers on my Duramax (a lot heavier truck) and they're wearing well. I bought them used to try them out with roughly half tread, I've put about 3k on them and can probably get another 7k, but I don't like running tires too low.

My buddy had Trails on his highway driven Jeep (very light) and got 70k out of them lol. He just put on another set.

You can't go wrong with either tire really. I think the Toyos are a bit quieter, but I think the Trail looks better. My next tire will be a Toyo R/T or AT2, really wanna try those out.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Ive had my Toyos for about 16k miles. Little less than half tread and rotated at 7k due to surgery and twice after that. They've been through quite a few dry road doughnuts and countless burnouts.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My friend had a set of 35×12.5r17 toyos ,he claims to have gotten 40,000 out of them.

Should have done gloss black roof wrap, never understand the satin/matte roof wraps since it defeats the purpose

The purpose for satin was it matched my grille and bumper.

·
TEAM FUEL MOTORSPORTS
7,892 Posts
I've never owned Trail Grapplers yet... I do like the way they look though and wouldn't mind trying them out eventually.

With that said, I've run two sets of big Toyo's and have had ZERO complaints! Love them.... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Toyo...

I've owned both and the Toyo's I have now are wearing like iron compared to the Nitto's.

It's my opinion that Toyo's are a much harder compound.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Girls and their trucks :perkinswhatever:

I've owned many super swampers. 35" SSR, 35" SX, 38" SX, 38" thornbird, 38" bogger, 38.5 TSL,, so it's safe to say I've had plenty of experience with Interco.......They are junk compared to Nitto and Toyo unless it's strictly an offroad vehicle.

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
you already at half tread after 15k miles?

i've got 7k on my trails. new come with 19.4/32nds and i measured them at roughly 17/32nds. i also rotate them every 1.5-2k miles so... lol

can't go wrong with either. i personally could get a better price on the nittos vs the toyos so that was the main deciding factor for me since they're very similar tires.

·
Your welcome
1,581 Posts
I'm just curious how you got to half tread so quickly, I've had mine for 8,000 miles and they look new granted I also rotate frequently!

Go with trails due to price their basically the same tire!

·
Registered
458 Posts

If trail grapplers are to loud then maybe you should have a street tire. I'm right 35 trails and love them. Never had toyos but off road my brothers set in the same size seemed to clog up with mud and not clean out as well as mine. Just my .02$

1 - 20 of 26 Posts