GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys well it is time for me to invest in some new tires for the truck. I love the mickey baja belted but i just cant stand that shaking stuff anymore!!! :insane: I dont know if I should replace them with the same tires or if i should go with something different :think: So this is what I need the help with, what options do I have in 36x14.50's?? I will probably go with the sts's but i was wondering if anyone has any suggestions. Thanks

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I posted about it along time ago, at about 40 the truck starts shaking i mean really bad then it goes away as you accelerate. I thought that it was the lift but i was told by quite a few people that it was the tires :think: Sevenfold, how do you like those sts's??

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well since I put more lift on mine, it hasnt seen anything but street except for the beach last weekend, where the sig came from, the only thing that I dont know about the sts's is the road noise. Are they really quiet or do they have a little sound becuz my mickeys are really loud but i like em like that :anitoof:

·
[>
3,255 Posts
Z712K3 said:
I posted about it along time ago, at about 40 the truck starts shaking i mean really bad then it goes away as you accelerate. I thought that it was the lift but i was told by quite a few people that it was the tires :think: Sevenfold, how do you like those sts's??

:word: You are not the first person I have heard of with that same problem.

PJ's seem to be a nice tire.
And most people I have talked to like the IROK tires. They come in 36x13

·
[>
3,255 Posts
Sevenfold said:
I like PJs too, but I don't like the price. Total ripoff. :imo

:word: They are proud of them for sure. Like the SSR's.
And I would suggest them but they do not come in a 36"

·
thats right
1,399 Posts
unevenly worn tires and/or unbalanced tires will cause a shake in the entire vehicle at certain speeds. our jeep had the worst looking unbalancable BFG muds on it and it shook HARD between 45-55 mph.

36x14.5 options are pretty much TSL radials(badass) and STS(also cool, but not tsl radial badass :rockit: )

·
It's not what you buy!!
254 Posts
But, Do the TSL Radials have long tread Life?

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What is an estimation that you are referring to as good tread life and how does it compare to sts's...lol :crazy:

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
How are your rear u-joint angles? This can cause a pretty good shake as well...

MT Baja's are also known to fly apart on the freeway. Make sure they are balanced, throw some golf balls in them.

·
Registered
328 Posts
hey clay, look at the toyos, im thinkin bout theier 37x14.50 , they look like a sweet tire, but dont know bout price? :think:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts