·
Snooby Doo
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
93 GMC Suburban

some pics i found online:

(rear doors, barn doors) x2

(front doors) x4

Back of my truck (stereo is completely different now)

ok, im going to start with the back of my truck, i was just out tonight, playing a 50hz test tone tryin to tune my system and noticed all the rattles the rear 2 windows (the long ones) and the rear doors rattle, it almost seems like the glass rattles more then the metal, but maybe im just hearing more and its only rattling because of the metal rattle?

i was going to do my rear doors.
remove the spare tire (drivers side) deaden the wall behind it, and not replace the tire.
the pass side is the rear air compressor so im gona try and get in there to deaden the wall, and also the "fake" wall which my amp is mounted to in the pic.

i will use dynamat exterme for all the flat areas (doors and drivers side wall) but for the pass side will (compressor side) i think a spray would be better... what brands should i look at?

im going to hold off on the front half for a bit, i didnt really notice any rattles up there, im sure i will once the rear isnt as noticeable but for now they are not as high priority...

·
Snooby Doo
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I work at best buy, i get a fair price on dynamat... just not sure what spray to use/ is spray worth it, or try to make mat work?

i know i wont see as much of an improvment without doing the roof and floor, but its really not worth the effort to me, the roof may not be THAT hard, but the floor... i dont fell like pullin out my truck to cover it, i just dont want my walls to rattle anymore. :pow:

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
I suggest second skin. You can get it for a good price and its just as good if not better than dynamat. As far as tips and tricks. Take you time. Don't rush or you won't be happy with the results.

·
Snooby Doo
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
if my truck wasnt 14 years old i would be a lot more likely to put forth that much money and effort, but in all honesty, i see this truck lasting me another 3 years AT THE MOST. but :drool: if you wanna do my truck, you can!

·
Snooby Doo
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
got 20 sq ft of dynamat extreme from work tonight, i was talkin to the kid workin (the one i was hopin wouldnt be workin lol) i said, "i have a 15" L7 in a ported box, tuned to 33hz, on an 1000watt amp, with a 250 amp alt, and big 3, with the sub facing the rear doors, how many layers do i need to do? on the rear doors?" he kinda laughed and said "this is the extreme stuff, one layer is fine"

i just said ok, paid and left.

im gona start with the rear doors (sub is firing directly at the doors) thinking 2-3 layers, then the rear walls, 1-2 layers, rear floor, a layer, then the dash and center console with a layer each... sound good to start? i only what to do this once so what do you think would be a good amount to do?

also, im thinking MAYBE a second 15 with a second 1000.1 if i was to do that, what should the dynamat levels be?

the rattle is pretty bad a 3/4 - full tilt, at normal volume its not too bad.

·
Nom Nom Nom
8,736 Posts
you are going to need alot more than 20sqft man... I used twice that in my extra cab 97 Silverado... I liked it, had fun installing it.

But looks as though you are off to a good start!

·
professional grade
2,999 Posts
I say skip the dynomat and just add the 2nd L7 and 1000 watt amp, that way its too loud for you to hear any rattling.

·
Snooby Doo
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
you are going to need alot more than 20sqft man... I used twice that in my extra cab 97 Silverado... I liked it, had fun installing it.

But looks as though you are off to a good start!
yeah, i can get more, my store stocks 5 trunk kits at a time, im just wondering where i should and how i should start... getting to my rear side walls is gona be a fun job though.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts