GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
GMFS member
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be installing the superlift 4-6 " kit that i just bought off a guy, but everything is still new. The only question i have is deciding on the rear lift. I ordered pro comp aal's which are around 1-2.5" lift, should i keep my 3" block and add the aal? or put in the 4" block the kit came with, and add the aal's to that ? plan to get the front end to sit at 6" even so i dont want my ass wayyy high, but im not a cali fan either. Just asking oppinions i guess. Oh an it also has a 2" body lift and 35's(eventually 37). any other pointers on the install would be great. -thanks

·
Bad Luck is all i got.
1,483 Posts
add the spring and stay away from blocks if at all possible. If after its all said and done and you drive it for a week and its not high enough swap the block IMO.

·
meow
15,747 Posts
Skip add-a-leafs :imo Do a block, or do it right. Don't try to "halves-ee" it. Shackle flip or custom made springs.

·
GMFS member
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yea i agree on both sides, not a fan of huge blocks, just wanna get the right look. eventually i will just swap out for 6" rear springs, but for the time being i dont see how aal's are hurting anything. i know ride quality stiffens a little but i could careless.

·
meow
15,747 Posts
Rock whatever is cheapest :imo My add a leaf seamed to have a different compression rate (or whatever springs are measured by) than my factories and through of the rear suspension (it was quite hard). I would have just gone with a block to begin with... and saved for "the right way" in the back.

·
GMFS member
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ah ok. Yea i agree completly and this is just to get me going here, i will make changes down the road. thanks for the oppinions

1 - 7 of 7 Posts