GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Kyle
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What tint on my front windows, like numbers and stuff to match the back and be legal in texas, i have no idea at all and i dont want to go to the tint shop as a newbie. thanks in advance

·
I'll Take teh Case!
1,918 Posts
I forgot the number for the legal limit in Texas...but is one shade lighter than the rear window (not the backseat). Just go in to your tint place and ask them to show you the darkest you can go without breaking the law...thats what I did. It ended up not matching the back exactly, but looked tons better.

·
Plead The First
2,593 Posts
My friend in Austin with a Tundra had his done 15% on the sides anc 0% on the back. He hasn't been bothered in two years.

·
Original Members
1,090 Posts
i had a nbs black truck and with 20% on the sides it is dark as hell and i did get pulled over, in tx i think the darkest u can get in 35%

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
I run 20% on the sides and limo on the back and havent been messed with. I try to drive with my windows down as much as I can to avoid tickets. And if my windows are up and i see a cop ahead i always roll them down asap... But I have been pulled over twice and got speeding tickets and I had the windows down both times so I am sure they would have gave me one for tint if they had seen it...

·
Kyle
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
alright so i'm hearing 20% or 25%, how much do you think it will run me?

9,778 Posts
I'd go with 20% because it is dark, but most cops won't mess with you over it. I would think about 70-80 is the highest u should pay.

·
is awesome
2,263 Posts
i paid 125 for my 2 windows the 2 vent windows and my 4 piece slider

1 - 13 of 13 Posts