GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
HAPPY NEW YEAR
3,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a guy to come out to the house exactly 1 week ago and tint my windows in 5%. He explained how the tint has a metal in it, and "isn't the cheap stuff" that turns purple. Well, a couple of days go by, and from the exterior of the truck the windows don't look "black" like they should. Instead, the almost look like smoky, or a off green color. They aren't even black. The main reason I wanted the % so low is to match the truck. You can't hardly see through the SOB but it doesn't look like I want. I want to post pics of them if anyone would like to host them?

[email protected]

·
HAPPY NEW YEAR
3,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
they make tint in alotta different shades, most common is charcoal. it was probably some other whacky shade.
No man, I don't believe so. The guy owned a Jeep Cherokee, that he said had the same tint that he was putting onto my truck. His looked NOTHING like mine. His was completely black, and exactly what I wanted.
I trust the guy. I mean, hes coming back out this sunday to look at it. When I called him he said since the tint is so low (5%) there is alot more metal in it and something about the way my window is, gave it that green-ish shade? I don't understand why he wouldn't of told me this before? Anyone want to host the pics?

·
HAPPY NEW YEAR
3,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
badass-I sent you the pics. The reason I am mainly dissapointed is the tint on this guy's jeep looks awesome. Mine is supposed to look like his...:think:

·
Registered
716 Posts
Originally posted by Badassilverado
35% over my entire windshield, it's just solid black.
You don't have problems driving at night? I struggle somethimes with my limo tint on my sides and back window. I'm afraid I'm gonna hit a pedestrian I don't see when turning driving at night cuz light is what comes through the tint best.

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
sierraon22s said:
You don't have problems driving at night? I struggle somethimes with my limo tint on my sides and back window. I'm afraid I'm gonna hit a pedestrian I don't see when turning driving at night cuz light is what comes through the tint best.
werd.. i have double limo in the back. I let my dad drive it, he almost took out a wall backing it up. I don't even use my rear view mirror at nite. I wish it wasn't auto diming! I thought it was like ultra illegal to have ur windshield tinted?

·
It's Jerry's World
3,573 Posts
2k1slvrdo said:
werd.. i have double limo in the back. I let my dad drive it, he almost took out a wall backing it up. I don't even use my rear view mirror at nite. I wish it wasn't auto diming! I thought it was like ultra illegal to have ur windshield tinted?
its is, but hes the BadASS silverado :read:

·
Registered
299 Posts
im runnin limo tint all around except on the windshield. The sides windos i used a smoke out shade, and on the ext cab and back window it's a mirror blue that fades into the smoke. Havin that blue mirror on the back takes away the attention from my front windows being tinted and has caused no problems at all from when i have been pulled over in the past.

·
Registered
6,236 Posts
It might be because newer cars come from the factory with a low grade barely anything 'tint' and has a sorta green color. I think limo would hide that tho

·
Registered
277 Posts
i work at a tint shop, he used a metallized film, if you have the factory tinted back windows the metallized wasnt going to match them no matter how dark you went. The cheaper charcoal stuff is what matches the shade of the factory stuff. It depends on what brand the film is as to what it looks like, we use johnsons and it takes on a silverish look to it

·
HAPPY NEW YEAR
3,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
metz said:
i work at a tint shop, he used a metallized film, if you have the factory tinted back windows the metallized wasnt going to match them no matter how dark you went. The cheaper charcoal stuff is what matches the shade of the factory stuff. It depends on what brand the film is as to what it looks like, we use johnsons and it takes on a silverish look to it
The silverish look, thats what seems to be on my windows. At sometimes it looks silver, some times it looks greenish. Sometime when the sun is coming directly through the tint, it gives my dash as sort of greenish shade (no big deal really). I decided it isn't worth all of this and to just leave the tint, however, If there are bubbles etc. I'll definitely give the man a call.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts