GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just recently got an Pioneer AVIC-X910BT installed in my truck along with Sirius radio, back up camera and Ipod cable...

this is the only decent pic I got of it...kept getting glare with the camera

09GMC008.gif

Im new to the whole double din navi units but all I can say is WOW!!! really impressed with the unit

while I was getting that installed I finally found someone who would tint my whole windshield...I had been looking at a lot of threads on here with peoples truck windshields tinted and decided to go with 50% along with a 15% brow...I had them apply another 15% over the 5% on the rear window...

50% is plenty dark enough for me...Im sure with the dark interior it helps but I am really happy with the way it turned out...its really unbelievable how easy it is to see out at night time as well...I was kinda nervous but its no problem...

09GMC001-1.gif

50% on the shield and 5% on the sides...

09GMC007.gif

09GMC009.gif

09GMC010.gif

09GMC012.gif

09GMC013.gif

09GMC016-1.gif

09GMC017-1.gif

09GMC011.gif

heres a pic of the back up camera...

09GMC015-1.gif

Ill try to get some better pics next weekend when its nicer out...

·
Registered
6,963 Posts
Looks good. Tint is always a good mod :imo

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks good. Tint is always a good mod :imo
certainly is...I didnt own my truck 24 hrs before it was tinted out...just had trouble finding a shop to do the windshield...now shes good to go!:haha:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Nice lookin tint and nav. I'm looking into the same nav radio for my 09 Silverado, which came with the am/fm/cd. Could you provide some more details about the nav install, for ex, what modules were needed to retain onstar, xm. Also, does the nav radio come with the GM install frame? Also which backup cam did you use?...and is it possible to view it in park/drive?

·
Diego Mafia
2,625 Posts
that shit is dark. what is that 50 % on the shield then a 5 % brow?

·
I don't have a truck
10,439 Posts
Why not just do the whole thing if you're doing a brow that low? It's already below the legal line it would be less noticeable if you just finished it off.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice lookin tint and nav. I'm looking into the same nav radio for my 09 Silverado, which came with the am/fm/cd. Could you provide some more details about the nav install, for ex, what modules were needed to retain onstar, xm. Also, does the nav radio come with the GM install frame? Also which backup cam did you use?...and is it possible to view it in park/drive?
I just brought it to the stereo shop and told them what I wanted...I hate wiring so I wasnt about to do this on my own...and yes you can watch the backup cam at any time...

thats a low brow man. almost to low
its the way Im holding the camera...I was holding it above my head because the camera wasnt taking a good pic...IMO its perfect, its just right when your sitting in the truck...Ill take more pics this weekend...

that shit is dark. what is that 50 % on the shield then a 5 % brow?
its 15% on the brow...he did the whole windshield and put the 15% over the 50%, so it prolly comes out to something around 5%ish...

·
Super trash and proud
1,921 Posts
thats a low brow man. almost to low
I like mine about 2" below the as1 line otherwise it cuts into my line of vision.

But after reviewing the outside pictures it doesn't look as low as it does from the inside. I bet it is about 4" below the as1 line.

·
2008 RCSB
9,634 Posts
what did they do about those black factory dots that are around the rearview mirror on the inside?

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
mess up the hole for the back up camera??

·
2008 RCSB
9,634 Posts
I dont really like that, I have heard of some people sanding that off or something. Thats what keeps me from getting a brow.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I like mine about 2" below the as1 line otherwise it cuts into my line of vision.

But after reviewing the outside pictures it doesn't look as low as it does from the inside. I bet it is about 4" below the as1 line.
I just measured it, its just shy of 6" below as1...like u said from the outside it doesnt look like much at all, but the way they windshield is really big...its really just the way Im holding the camera, if I had it where I normally sit, there was lots of glare so I held it above my head...

what did they do about those black factory dots that are around the rearview mirror on the inside?
they just tint over it...they call it dot matrix...not really much you can do for it, but I have herd of some places having some other film to 'color' that area black...it doesnt bother me at all seeing you can barly tell, unless your looking for it...

·
Super trash and proud
1,921 Posts
I just measured it, its just shy of 6" below as1...like u said from the outside it doesnt look like much at all, but the way they windshield is really big...its really just the way Im holding the camera, if I had it where I normally sit, there was lots of glare so I held it above my head...
:whoa: 6" below the AS1 line. That would drive me nuts. I iz not a lower rider

1 - 20 of 34 Posts