GMC Truck Forum banner

Tinting my daily, advice?

1K views 22 replies 20 participants last post by  ridin2slow 
#1 ·
My daily is getting tinted saturday morning. Now i have 5% on my obs and its dark as hell at night, but i love it..

My question is would 5% be to dark to daily on a black truck with grey/black interior? The tint guy recomended 20%. Some input and pictures would be appreciated..

#2 ·
go 2% imo..I like it as dark as possible. Im tinting my shield soon..I cant stand the damn sun.

#7 ·
i have 15 on my sides (to match factory) and 50 on the shield. its perfect. 35 on the shield would be better but they start popping you for that here. 50 leaves you in the clear, no pun intended. *knocks on wood*

btw, part of my consideration was the fact that i tow trailers every so often. its nice to be able to see what the fuck is going on behind me. can't see shit well enough in my friends f350 with 5% and 50% shield.

#8 ·
Ive got 15% to match my rear windows. Its dark enough for me and seems to have gotten a lil darker since i got it 3 years ago.

Im getting my rear windows done in 5% or possibly 2% in the next month or two just to knock some more sun out of the cab. Mine will be perfect for me after getting that done.

#11 ·
5% over everything, including the stock tint on the back and with a 15% shield strip. I love it and will probably do the same thing on my next one. Only problem with going that dark on a daily, or anything is trying to back up at night.

#13 ·
i have 50% on the shield, 20% on the roll downs, and 5% over the stock rear witch is ~1%.

i honestly wish i went darker on the roll downs... ill go darker if i ever get a ticket.

#16 ·
i have 2% and during days i think it needs to be darker and at night its almost too dark but i wouldnt change it for anything, i say 5% is fine for a DD, unless you do all night driving then i would go a little lighter

#19 ·
I went 50 on my winshield and 30 on the sides, wing windows are stock tint, and 0 in the back. I would love to go 5 on my sides but my truck sticks out like a sore thumb.

for your truck id go 20 on the sides and black out the back window. if you went 5 you might get pulled over:imo

#21 ·
I just got my Maxima and Silverado done in 5%. I love it, but the truck will definatley be getting the shield done once I replace it.

#23 ·
I havent tinted my current truck, it was plenty dark from the pervious owner

but on my '94 I had OEM privacy glass on the back window and extended cab windows, and I did 5% on roll-downs, EXT windows and back w/ 5% glare strip on my windshield

when I redo this truck Im going to strip the roll-down (only one is tinted right now since one was smashed) and do 5% on them and 35% on my windshield

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.