GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When i taek off my 3rd brake light cover should i just take off the red part and leave the wiring and the bulb sockets attached to the truck? I tried to take it off today but i dont know if you take off the bulb sockets or just the red piece. On my tails and 3rd brake loght cover should i tint the inside or the outside?

·
Registered
716 Posts
To smoke them? You spray the outsite after sanding them down with some transparent paint and then some clear. Not very descriptive cuz I'm not sure about the details. Same thing I plan on doing.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
I took the bulbs off of mine... TexK5 said he tinted his inside, but I just did the out side and both look great. Tinting the inside will prolly last longer since it wont be directly in the weather and stuff... Either way will work...

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Yea, they snap or twist, somthing like that... But now that I think about it.... I just unhooked the harness and left the bulbs in... and taped them up to avoid over spray on them...

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Aberbaseball7 said:
Yea, they snap or twist, somthing like that... But now that I think about it.... I just unhooked the harness and left the bulbs in... and taped them up to avoid over spray on them...
Does the harness just pull out of the red cover?

·
Registered
49 Posts
If you are just going for the smoked look, I think it would be best to spray the inside. If your looking for the full on black look like I have on mine, spray the outside and follow up with a clear coat.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
elegalR1der said:
Im working on my tail lights right now. Im not smoking them though, Im candying them red. I'll post pics when Im finished.
I'm not smoking them either, i am candying them. Are you doing the whole tail light or are you leaving the white part there? I think it really looks good all red but i dont know if i am going to do that. I might just leave the white there.and just canyd the orange part.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts