GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys my sister just bought an 04 silverado 2wd ext cab and she ordered a 7" fabtech, some 35" STS's and 16x8 procomp 1059 wheels (stonecrusher look alikes) and i will be installing it, maybe a BL too i dunno yet. Anyone ever install this kit? Anything for me to look out for or is it pretty straight forward. Does anyone have pics of this kit with 35s? Fabtech's website says it will clear 35s. Thanks, Charlie

·
GMFS Enforcer
3,568 Posts
I have the 7" Fabtech on my OBS truck. I am assuming your sis bought the cradle lift kit since hers is a NBS. All I can say is that having an impact gun, and an air chisel with the fork attachment (balljoints, tie rods) will make you life a whole lot easier. Other then that, follow the directions supplied with the kit, it should be straight forward. Oh, and if she did order the cradle lift, you may as well replace the LCA bushings with urethane since you would have to take them off anyway. One last thing, be very cautious with the coil springs! They do not forgive.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
I think the 35's will be a bit to much tire with only the fabtech kit. But hell I could be wrong, anyways i still think it will rub. Like said above, be careful unloading the coils, and everything is straight foward. Take apart and re-assemble with the new hardware. Very easy IMO.. Good luck and get some pics

·
Banned
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the responses. i have a coil compressor to take the coils off. Ill be sure to replace those bushings with some urethane ones. Ive seen a truck that is running some 35" xterrains here with a 7" full force suspension lift and he barely rubs when off road. and besides, she isnt going to be taking it off road much at all, come on now, shes a girl :crazy: . anyways, if she does decide to wheel it a bit, i guess we will put on a body lift. When everything gets here we are going to hop to it and ill get pics. I figure (there will be 2-3 people working on it) we could get the lift done in a day?

·
GMFS Enforcer
3,568 Posts
cDUBZon40s said:
thanks for the responses. i have a coil compressor to take the coils off. Ill be sure to replace those bushings with some urethane ones. Ive seen a truck that is running some 35" xterrains here with a 7" full force suspension lift and he barely rubs when off road. and besides, she isnt going to be taking it off road much at all, come on now, shes a girl :crazy: . anyways, if she does decide to wheel it a bit, i guess we will put on a body lift. When everything gets here we are going to hop to it and ill get pics. I figure (there will be 2-3 people working on it) we could get the lift done in a day?
I would recommend 2 people max working on it. Anymore then that people will start getting in each others way. Thats my opinion though. :anitoof:

·
Registered
318 Posts
how wide is the rim, 10 inch and I think she will rub, if its an 8 I think it will be fine. I have installed that kit. Those coils are long, but it shouldnt be too much of a problem, hell the coils on my kit have an arch to them. The back you should get done quick (blocks I am assuming) Its gonna be an all day event

·
Banned
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ya wheels are 8" wide. and blocks in the rear. ive become pro at taking off control arms etc, from shitty coilovers breaking on me :pow: everything should be here by the beginning of next week. :anitoof: :bowtie:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.